lack sf90 interest? | Page 15 | FerrariChat

lack sf90 interest?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by 95spiderman, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #351 Shadowfax, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    This entire forum is mainly discussion based upon opinion or personal experience so I'm really not sure what "facts" you are trying to draw upon or hold up as being worth as any more than others opinions or personal experiences here. Insofar as someone getting banned that isn't new either really. I'm unaware of the circumstances surrounding the members ban and therefore wonder the relevance given there is clearly some emotion from some with orders in who appear emotionally charged from not receiving unanimous affirmation of their decision. As I said earlier it should not matter what others say if you are completely comfortable with a decision. Evidently there appears to be a discomfort of sorts. That is why I thought drawing upon the ban of another who hasn't even been involved in the thread was an attempt to clutch at straw as a means to gain some sort of lost traction against whatever the counter argument was against those who had expressed a differing opinion.

So you confirmed numbers from a dealer. One dealer from the whole planet who may happen to be just telling you what you want or need to hear. That's hardly a fact. And then likeylukey saying mules are still running around? Sounds like it's still a work in progress as well. Maybe those crash barriers keep jumping out in front of the car and they need to figure out why.

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Because Aliens... :D

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  3. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Guys calm down, no one should hate anyone for telling his/her opinion, it's just an ugly car and it's not a war!! all the love and respect to everyone!

Shadowfax likes this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Mods must be asleep, not banning for the dbaggery.

Boomhauer likes this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    :D yes must be. Or, maybe they are sf90.2 mules.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  6. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I agree, I also agree that you should have been banned for the second time Mr Ohanoune, or Mr Troll? Its the same.

F142George likes this.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Be careful what you wish for - would certainly leave you in a very sticky wicket if they did.:)

Il Co-Pilota and Jakuzzi like this.
  8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    You are sad to tell me I'm not telling the truth?

Lol.

Do you have one on order? I do and a friend is looking for an allocation and can't come up with one even if he buys a Roma and a portifino and an 812 lol.

So...

The proof is in REAL world experience. And not bs on a forum especially coming from a guy who would never own regardless of how great it drives.

We get it. You don't like it and have an axe to grind.

x z8, stavura, SoCal to az and 6 others like this.
  9. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    And I do believe you Justin;);)
    Congrats in advance for your upcoming new SF90 and enjoy it in a good health.

10. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Lol. Thanks for the winks. You are a class act.

I don't know why it would be so hard to believe me... I mean after all the cars are a giant failure right? Ugliest Ferrari ever made. The lease payment on these is only 199 bucks a month so it's cheaper than a Toyota Corolla. Thanks for spreading all the negativity. It makes the car a no brainer since they are just stacking up on lots all over the country because they are so unwanted ;)

x z8, PTG1, stavura and 5 others like this.
  11. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Let me congrats you again and enjoy it in a good health ;););)

12. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thank you ;);););)

Igor Ound and Astrid.Didier like this.
  13. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    I think the price point is silly. So take my next comment with a grain of salt.

But that thing is hideous to my eye.

14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Surprisingly I was offered one but passed. I couldn't even get a lowly Pista without a Lusso. I don't consider myself a special customer although I've bought a fair number of cars in the last 10 years.

15. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    but... you did buy a lusso... and a pista...

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I canceled my Lusso and bought a Pista with delivery miles in the colors I preferred. I would have liked to configure my own but didnt want to take the huge hit on the Lusso especially when I had 6 other cars.

I'll reserve judgment on the SF until I see it but for me it didnt seem special enough to drop ~$650k on. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. We will see.

technom3 likes this.
  17. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    smart.

The youtuber Salomondrin hit the nail on the head.... and while I don't watch him that much he did buy alot of cars and was on a few of the VIP programs... and he even was burnt.

He came out and said... don't play the game. Just buy the car you want and pay the over. You come out the same and sometimes even but without the hope for gain and it makes for a much better purchse mentally. You enjoy the car for what it is and know you are going to lose instead of turning it into a financial instrument.

I have been saying it for years.

The other thing too and I believe we are seeing it in the market is... people are tired of the game. they are tired of buying cars that cost more than their first house and hoping for gain and not being able to enjoy it.

Just buy the car and enjoy it.

18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Agree.
    With the number of different Ferrari models coming out and each of them individually being updated through the years there will be no shortage of preowned cars to choose from; furthermore, the selection among the competition is getting broader as well. This means the secondary market will always offer better deals for people who like to drive their cars.

technom3 likes this.
  19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think the SF90 is doing a bit better here in Europe than in the US. It also could be because your dealer was afraid that he might end up with an allocation he could not sell due to the higher price. This could very well be his reasoning to offer you the car. The Pista he well knew he could unload easily, so it's a lot easier to drive a hard bargain if he's sure of a sale.

Gh21631 and G. Pepper like this.
  20. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Holy cow this thread went downhill fast...

My opinion remains the same. I love the looks, love the interior and love the concept of a ME range-topping, non-limited production supercar.

I do not like the hybrids, the added weight or the price point and have a dwindling confidence it will sound anything like a $650k supercar after hearing videos of test mules running around sounding like the Dyson vacuum F8 Tributo 2.0.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Slicknick likes this.
  21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I have heard of 2 dealers still trying to offer SF90s to their customers. Wont name the dealers. I was surprised as per some in this thread, the car should have been long sold out

Astrid.Didier and G. Pepper like this.
  22. Slicknick

Slicknick Karting

Oct 15, 2019
    Willebroek, Belgium
    Full Name:
    N. Y. Yazgan
    No biggie just yet...The demand for the Chiron was also off to slower start than expected, look at it now

G. Pepper likes this.
  23. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Chiron is a $3.5m proposition with absurd running costs. Truly a different world. You would have to be nuts to buy one to use unless you are worth one or a few hundred millions. SF90 is half a million with much cheaper running costs.

Caeruleus11 and G. Pepper like this.
  24. Slicknick

Slicknick Karting

Oct 15, 2019
    Willebroek, Belgium
    Full Name:
    N. Y. Yazgan
    And you'd be amazed just how many poseurs splash the cash on that absurdity in a heartbeat...Yet in the beginning, they didn't sell as much as they hoped

25. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It doesnt matter. They are not comparable at all. Doesnt mean the SF90 will be a poor seller (Or is..). But it's pretty irrelevant to the SF90 if the Chiron is selling well now. The people buying that car are usually, for the most part, immune to the market and wont care that much about depreciation (if they did, they wouldnt buy a Chiron since the Veyron proved to not be a good money placement).
    Price and volume are completely different.

If the SF90 is slow to sell out, IMO, it's because it's very expensive for a car that will be built in the 1000/2000/even 3000 as some have said. So you enter the game at $600k and if you use the car, i can see it being worth $350k in 5 years with 10k miles. It's a bit of an unknown for Ferrari as they never had a car that expensive that was not super limited.

Boomhauer and Caeruleus11 like this.