F12 climate control woes | FerrariChat

F12 climate control woes

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by FRR12, Jan 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FRR12

FRR12 Rookie

Dec 10, 2019
    Hi,
    I recently just got my f12 had notice sometimes my climate control goes crazy the aircon vents opens in different places even when you set it to the standard facing you mode.
    Does anyone have the same issue?
    Btw everything goes back to normal if you switch off the car after a couple of minutes.

2. meskodm

meskodm Rookie

Jan 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Damir Mesic
    Yes had the same a couple of times last summer. Aircon vents keep blowing in the footwell even when the switch is set for airvent to blow in other directions. As you say, it goes back to normal when you switch off the engine and start it again hence appears to be a software rather than mechanical issue? Will get it checked at next service.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. FRR12

FRR12 Rookie

Dec 10, 2019
    Please Let me know once you figure it out.

4. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    This is not just confined to Ferrari - my BMW did something similar once in very hot and humid weather and all the vents stuck closed. I wonder if it’s related to a de-icing sensor/programme which then affects the vents and gets stuck - it was so bad we drove to the BMW dealer straight away. On restart - guess what - nice cold air...

5. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    This happened on an F430 I owned, switch on and off tended to fix it short term, A hard reset (disconnect) battery worked better and made the problem go away, eventually though I had to replace the control module...

Try doing a battery reset, cost nothing, there is a fast release next to the battery so really easy, but there is a reset procedure which includes blowing cold air to one side of the car and hot to the other then a swap so the car can learn the dual climate control (hope that makes sense) , loads of threads on how to do this, not hard, nothing to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    I had an issue a few times that just appeared then also disappeared after a day. The air con in my F12 got stuck to hot mode and on, I couldn't turn it off or change the temperature. On that day, when it was warm outside and I wanted cool air con, it was pretty annoying. I'm not sure what caused it.

7. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    When I bought a Cali T [ same era as F12 ] it had problems regulating the air-con, the dealer rest it it somehow and its been fine ever since.

8. nguyennhatquang

nguyennhatquang Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Hanoi
    My F12 do the same way.. restart the car and it is fine.. i saw some video on utube from autovlog his car got same issue?
    do u think it is common with F12

9. FRR12

FRR12 Rookie

Dec 10, 2019
    i think it its im still having it from time to time. if ever you find a solution for it please let me know.

10. Mckie5150

Mckie5150 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2014
    Humble TX
    I bought a 2014 F12 back in February and have noticed the same thing. Has happened 4 or 5 times this summer but always goes back to "normal" after I turn car off and then back on.