Where is the wiring for my power antenna? | FerrariChat

Where is the wiring for my power antenna?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Albert Penello, Feb 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    So getting my '85 sorted which just arrived yesterday.

I pulled the trunk carpet to see what I could do about installing an antenna - and I see the power antenna lead but I don't see the wiring for the antenna itself?

Is it hidden somewhere? Nothing appears to be cut?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The diagram shows connector C7 with the 2 wires going to the motor. Down as No1 and No4. Wires should be brown with green stripe. Connector is shown to be behind passenger footrest. From what i recall there is a metal plate under the carpet on the passenger side as my uk car used to have the alarm system installed here. You will have to see if connector has numbers on it. If the wires are going to the rear they should be in the centre tunnel so take out the rear ash tray and see if u can see them

Albert Penello likes this.
  3. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
  4. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
  5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The 2 brown green wires are to the motor (item 160) but this gets its signal from item 93, radio aerial switch. Diagram shows motor supply direct from aerial motor switch- looks like this puts the aerial up when the side light are on ? Might be a home made modification. Follow the coaxial towards the radio to find the wires

6. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    THANK YOU!

Ok I did find those brown/green wires taped up behind my light, but they had no ends on them. Strange they were completely cut off vs. just being tucked away, which makes me nervous to see what happens when I try to connect something!

7. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    Thank you as well! Possible to PM me a larger version of this if you have it?

8. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Trace those wires to the aerial motor and I would try touching 12 volts and earth on them and see if the aerial motor makes a noise or moves, if it does not move oneway then reverse wires. If the motor reacts then you need to look into the central tunnel by the ash tray for the wires going to the front, they should be alongside the co axial.
    There is a radio aerial switch somewhere in the dash board, this might have failed. Look under the passenger footwell carpet for these brown green wires.

9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Can you find the aerial motor on this by making bigger on your computer, should be number 160 , this diagram very different from mine

10. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    I have no antenna. Completely gone. That's why I think it was strange that instead of just disconnecting, the actual wires were cut. So I have to find an arial, hook it up, and see if it works :)

11. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Put a meter across the wires and turn the radio on, assuming that is still there. See if you get 12 volts

12. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Albert,
    I sent you some colored PDFs that I think can be blown up. Text me if you didn't get them. Someone probably had a manual antenna in there or thought the power antenna was causing their slow windows so they cut the wires? ;)

13. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.