Tank breather hose. | FerrariChat

Tank breather hose.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by MondialNeil, Feb 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MondialNeil

MondialNeil Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2007
    Bucks,UK
    Full Name:
    Neil S Perry
    Hi All

I have had search and cannot find anything. Does any one know the ID for the fuel tank breather hose on the 3.2 Mondial.

There is also a smaller hose that goes from the fuel filler neck to a small valve are there any ideas on the ID of this.

Cheers

2. Mick5961

Mick5961 Rookie

May 21, 2019
    Check out Maranello UK website - they have part numbers & price & availability - mostly genuine spares.
    Cheers
    Mick;)

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    #3 mike32, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Have you looked at the parts diagrams on eurospares- the diagram shows both pipes and the valve.
    You might as well cut through the pipe and measure it, then buy a length of fuel pipe from e bay as the ferrari pipes are very dear

4. MondialNeil

Apr 2, 2007
    Bucks,UK
    Full Name:
    Neil S Perry
    Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies, the long length of larger tank breather hose at Eurospares is £80 plus and the short bit about £14, add vat and postage to that and this hose is over a £100 I can get it off Ebay for £14 lol. I am just in the process of buying all the fuel hoses I need before I start replacement. I can just take the current hose off and measure the ID which I think is 15mm ID, at the moment though it is too cold and wet to get under the car. I just thought someone may know the ID so I could just order ready for the job.

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Darn, a week too late. I've had this kit available for sale for over a year. Finally sent it out a few days ago. Guess I should have taken the measurements for posterity. :(

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I have never heard of a 15mm hose, but I have seen plenty of 16mm hoses on Ferrari of that era.

7. MondialNeil

Apr 2, 2007
    Bucks,UK
    Full Name:
    Neil S Perry
    Hi Wade

Hoses received thanks.

Neil.

Wade likes this.
  8. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    For posterity, can you post what is the mm ID of the breather hose?

9. MondialNeil

Apr 2, 2007
    Bucks,UK
    Full Name:
    Neil S Perry
    Hi moysiuan I think I have found that ID. The kit I bought from Wade is the connecting hoses for the fuel filler pipe x 3, 1 pipe to connect both tanks and 1 pipe to connect one tank to the fuel pump.

There are 2 x hoses for the fuel tank breather system a short piece and a 1.5 metre piece. The short piece I just ordered from Superformace, the long piece was not listed.

The short piece I got has an ID of 13mm and I cannot see the 1.5 metre piece being any different.

Regards

Neil.