430 - F430 Fault Codes & Workshop Manual | FerrariChat

430 F430 Fault Codes & Workshop Manual

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mary89, Feb 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mary89

Mary89 Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    If anyone is interested, I have put together a file of all the Fault codes for the F430 with the fault code number, symptoms, causes, malfunction source, and diagnostics. I also have a folder with a breakdown of the workshop manual by component (i.e-drivetrain, A/C, body, engine, clutch, etc). For more info, email me at [email protected]

2. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Is this at all applicable to the F360?

Kevin

Mary89 likes this.
  3. Mary89

Mary89 Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Hey Kevin, shoot me an email and let me see what it is in particular you’re needing.

4. gatago

gatago Karting

Jun 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Marco
    can you post it on google drive and share link? or are you selling the info?

5. Mary89

Mary89 Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    I am just looking to get back a little of what I have invested into compiling all the information. I have very thorough documentation of all components of the vehicle broken down into sections for basically ease of use and understanding.

6. gatago

gatago Karting

Jun 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I'll tell you what. If you ever compile a list of all original manufacturer non-Ferrari branded replacement parts I'll support your cause. Paying 10× for the same part that is used in a Alpha Romero pisses me off.

Mary89 and flash32 like this.
  7. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Any idea what a “ Air” fault code is?

8. Mary89

Mary89 Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    I'm not too sure just by the context you gave me. Is that what it is actually telling you,"air"? nothing else?

9. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    #10 flash32, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    Second air injection system is not ready .... Is the check engine light on ? If not maybe just need a few more cold starts ..if light is on .. need to read codes

Could be lazy o2 sensor ..map /graph them to see if they warm up quickly
    Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Manda racing likes this.
  10. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I have the F430 WSM already. Interested on the F430 specific faulty codes. I will email you. Thanks.
    Dan

11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    A lot of folks have done this already.

12. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks Flash— no engine light so I’ll keep driving it.

13. gatago

gatago Karting

Jun 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Marco
    If you know of who, or where the info is stored, please let me know. There is lots and lots of tidbits of info, on here, the other F forum, on youtube, ect.. but not one place that I can look up part numbers, decide if I want to buy OEM or aftermarket based on price difference or upgrade potential (think Hill E. ball joints) and then buy the parts.

I think this is a real miss for Ricambi to be honest. They are extremely great to work with, top notch, but they are in perfect position to be working with more respectable third party vendors to offer alternative parts. An example of this would be steering racks. The steering racks are nothing special, and probably the same model off of some Peugeot. I would love to have the option to buy either the $4K Ferrari rack, depending on what my goals are, a $1200 aftermarket or original manufacturer rack, depending on the part, and the purpose of ownership. I daily drive my car, and don't care about having a horse on every part, only the ones that matter.

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Why would they do that? Ricambi's business is to be an authorized Ferrari part reseller, not Autozone.

15. gatago

gatago Karting

Jun 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Ricambi's business is to make money. The business that see the trends before the competitors are the ones that thrive and dominate, and CLEARLY there is a market for original vendor OEM parts. Not everyone is a snob on here, and just want to keep their cars moving to enjoy the drive without paying the nonvalue Ferrari Tax.
    Ricambi also have no issues selling Hill Engineering parts, which aren't even OEM from original vendor, and people buy them over Ferrari's crappy parts. Is Ricambi an "authorized reseller"? I've read in many posts on this forum examples of Ferrari Service shops discounting parts bought at Ricambi, telling owners to replace the part with actual Ferrari parts.

16. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Even though we tend to look for the best deals to DIY our cars repairs and maintenance, the “trend” is still to have Ferrari’s services at an authorized facility using factory parts. Agree or not, Ricambi is one of the most trusted suppliers of those parts.

17. gatago

gatago Karting

Jun 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Marco
    You're responding in a DIY thread, on a forum overwhelmingly frequented by DIYers. If it wasn't for people wanting to work on their own Ferraris, this site would consist of nothing but pictures of cars rotting away in garages.

The most trusted supplier of Ferrari parts is the parts department at a Ferrari dealer, especially for the people that service them at dealers. Not to say there are more DIYers but Ricambi's customers are DYIers. Excuse any typos, I'm taking a crap and am not proof reading

18. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Who the hell are you dude? If you had been here longer than a few months you'd know that I am I am among the top DIY'ers on this site, and have helped several people source OEM parts apart from paying Ferrari prices, not to mention that I am one of the folks that maintain a living cross reference spreadsheet (which I was going to supply you with). I replied to your ridiculously ignorant comment about how you obviously think that you can run one of the top Ferrari part suppliers better than the guy who made it so successful. Ricambi's business model works great for what they do, why on earth would they change that to make less money? Maybe you should do a little searching and research before making yourself look like a jackass right out of the gate.

19. gatago

gatago Karting

Jun 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Marco
    my lord, the ego on people on this site is off the charts. Sorry, I'll make sure to check with the top posters before asking the community for something that I think will be helpful to me and possibly others. Can a mod tell me how long I have to orally please the old timers before I get an option?

20. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

This is not an accurate statement. Our customer base is both broad and deep. Ricambi America supplies both Genuine and aftermarket (Hill Engineering, for example) parts to DIY customers, independent shops, and mainline Ferrari and Maserati dealers worldwide. The DIY customer is a critical portion of our business, but certainly not the only type of customer we serve.

I am very aware of trends in this marketplace and make careful decisions on a daily business about our product composition. I know where Ricambi America has good market penetration, and where it lacks. I know where we want to be stronger, and more importantly, I know where I do not want this company positioned. We don't offer every part for every car - and that's not by accident. Need something for a 250? I'll happily steer you to another more qualified supplier. Need something for a Levante? I'll steer you to a more qualified supplier. Wonder why we pulled about 10,000 bits of screws, washers, and nuts from our catalog on 1 January? Not profitable, not sustainable.

BUT, if you want a deep inventory of Genuine Ferrari and Maserati pieces, something from the Hill Engineering catalog, a prebuilt bundle of service items, then indeed Ricambi America is the place. Want the fastest possible turnaround on special order items? Ricambi America is the place.

My #1 priority is careful, considered, and sustainable growth. I am forever investigating new markets and new products. But only a small portion make it into the light-of-day. Heck... I'm currently tearing apart an old Alfa Romeo in our warehouse for just this very reason. (arrrg. help wanted!)

Oh, and happy Valentine's Day! Be sure to let your spouse, kids, parents, pets, or whomever, know you love them. And of course just go kiss your Ferrari.

Performify and RedNeck like this.
  21. gatago

gatago Karting

Jun 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Thank you for the professional reply.