F8 - Order Status | Page 9 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Saw my first F8 Tributo yesterday in downtown Chicago.

Mesmerizing.

stavura and PTG1 like this.
  2. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Awesome spec. Summer delivery is perfect. Congrats

3. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Anthony Capone likes this.
  4. Anthony Capone

Jun 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Thank you
    Thank you, the wait will be worth it

5. Awitty

Awitty Rookie

Apr 26, 2010
  6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  7. Anthony Capone

Jun 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I like those wheels

SoCal to az likes this.
  8. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    My F8 is at status 40! Expecting to finish production by the end of the month!

Manuranjith, Glenn Quagmire and jm2 like this.
  9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Nice! Post your spec.

10. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    I finally moved to 50...

Manuranjith likes this.
  11. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Did you go full Carbon exterior? hard to tell.

12. David Richardson

Mar 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    David R

Attached Files:

stavura, Thecadster, jjmalez and 2 others like this.
  13. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Have to say - I am pretty disappointed with new Ferrari purchase. F8 was my first new purchase (3rd Ferrari overall ). I have been status 40 since Jan 17th. Still No word from dealership or Ferrari App (still says waitlist). I am too busy to call them everyday and ask. Maybe my expectations were too high but I have better communion from Audi when I ordered my S3. I was under impression there was a lot of communication throughout the process. Can’t wait to get my F8 but doubt I will ever but a new Ferrari again. It has been almost a year since my deposit and their lack of communication has really been disappointing.

14. David Richardson

Mar 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    David R
    I have been told that Ferrari is very slow in communicating about customer’s cars being built.....You are supposed to get a model of your car but that sometimes takes months after delivery...

You would think that the Ferrari marketing department would be on top of this via dealer communication and various social media platforms....

But I do believe that the F8 will be worth the wait....

15. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Sorry to hear that. It’s interesting, because my dealer is telling me that production is well ahead of schedule.

16. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Welcome to the club.....I paid my deposit last April 3rd.

17. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Totally get your legitimate frustration. Poor customer service from Ferrari and Ferrari dealership is well documented on this forum. I think the most important question is whether you already have an allocation. Without an allocation you could be on the waiting list indefinitely. The dealer is still your best source of information. Best of luck

18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    To me, it’s just part of the idiosyncratic new Ferrari experience. From deposit to receipt, my 812 took nearly two years. In the future, rather torture myself, I will place the deposit and then simply get the car when I get the car.

jm2 likes this.
  19. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    If someone at the dealer is telling @OSUferrari that (s)he’s at Status 40, or a VIN shows up in the app, then they have an allocation and a real build for sure.

20. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    #220 cpiguy, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    I’ve been through this five times, and the experience has always been very similar. Until the car goes 10R nothing really happens. Once it is 10R it takes approximately four months for the car to show up at your local dealer, providing you are in the United States. Any of the information in regards to status has always come directly from the dealer. In some cases my dealer called me with the status every few days, and in this case I’ve had to text or call them every few days to get status. Just the way it is, unfortunately. Wish we could log onto their site and track the progress ourselves, but I haven’t been able to do that with any of the manufacturers I’ve bought cars from.

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  21. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Agreed. The disappointing experience something that I found Ferrari owners have come to accept. We've allowed Ferrari to lower our expectation of the car buying experience because they've made the circle of buyers artificially tighter and the supply artificially constrained. It is not what a new to Ferrari buyer would come to expect when spending this much on a car for the first time. The cars do make the wait worth it, but there's a lot left to be desired in the process.

Recently, Ferrari has been modernizing and improving (i.e. the app works now, the MyFerrari website actually logs in again, etc), but they are leagues behind the curve in terms of the experience of ordering a non-TailorMade vehicle and waiting for its arrival. Without a good dealer relationship, it can feel a little like you've been taken for a ride for a period of time while you wait to even see if your order will be accepted.

That said, I've found their corporate level marketing hospitality in their staple customer conversion arenas like Formula 1 and Corsa Pilota to be a cut above the competition. It feels personalized, attentive, and welcoming [for a similarly high relative price].

If you can find a dealer and salesperson that will build a relationship with you, then at the dealer level, ordering a vehicle can also feel just as special and welcoming as it feels when you arrive for a Corsa Pilota driving course. Just don't expect the process with Ferrari Corporate that the falls between interacting with your dealer to order a car and the car actually arriving to be spectacular unless you're essentially funding their F1 team with your level of spend. If you're doing that, well then, Ferrari has successfully completed Enzo's dream.

wrs and Glenn Quagmire like this.
  22. Awitty

Awitty Rookie

Apr 26, 2010
    Yes and engine bay

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

23. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Based on the responses so far, seems this has always been the way it has been - so my expectations were just too high (I will admit most of my info came from friends versus researching here - so that is on me). Maybe Ferrari should spend some time on here and change their process to better align with expectations .........It would not cost much at all and would certainly create an even stronger bond among those who are actually purchasing their cars. I did email the dealer this morning so I should know later today what my current status is (certainly hope I am still not at 40!)

24. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I think it depends in part on your relationship with your SA. I bought my first Ferrari from my SA in March 2017 and this is my third from him and this dealership. He has been very proactive in keeping me updated. I also have sent him some emails but for the most part, he updates me. The F8 is early in the model and so I think that is another part of the issue for you. It's always harder to get one of the earliest deliveries of a new model. You are doing well to get one because you will suffer less depreciation when you sell. Look on the bright side.

25. Drson

Drson Karting

Mar 18, 2018
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    John Galt
    if you have a lot of special options..as with most car manufacturers...it will definitely take longer...
    My friend and I ordered our Porsche GT3 Touring models ...he was six months before me...with a lot of special options...my car arrived one month before his ...

wrs likes this.