Mondials For Sale | Page 94 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe B.

Joe B. Rookie

Jan 26, 2020
    Cheshire, CT
    Full Name:
    Joseph Bango
    Hi...I'm new to the forum and someone kindly told me about the Mondial thread and in particular this car...Peter at Forza just sold the car, according to a text from him today...I looked at the car the other day, and while the paint is not a bad job, it wasn't a great job...it does look great however in yellow. But without the engine running to check oil pressure, blowby, exhaust leaks, gearbox, clutch, etc etc, plus the drivers seat was torn beyond repair, windshield delaminated, electric and power windows not working, I see an easy $10K+ to put into this car even if the engine is mechanically sound, which it may not be. If it could be had for $10K, maybe...but after spending a lot of time and another $10-15K, one could buy a car already running and go from there...do you guys agree?

2. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    The most expensive Ferrari is the cheap one

3. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Joe, welcome to the Forum. To paraphrase what Dave M said, get the best one you can find and afford. Otherwise, you'll pay for it later! If you are a DIY type and can do your own work on the car, it's a different story. But even then, you can easily find yourself upside down very quickly! Really good ones can be found, just be patient and prepare to do a lot of due diligence when looking at any car.

4. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Joe were you set to have a PPI done on that car this week? One of my buddies who works on Forza's cars sometimes said some was going to have one done, but the car may be sold over the weekend.

Frankly, I think the seller would not have enjoyed what a PPI would have returned (a non-running Mondial would likely show a long checklist of expensive needs. Let's call it at least $25K+ according to my friend), but also, at $20K, a seller probably sees no upside in trying to sell it for any less. My guess would be Forza paid $15K for this car, and would not budge away from $4-5K profit for simply cleaning the outside, and showing the car as it sits. My further $.02 is avoiding this at all costs isn't a bad thing. Or, a $20K car can turn into a $45-50K non-correct colored Mondial, worth $30K...no thanks.

Scaledetails and davem like this.
  5. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I'm wondering how they woud do a p.p.i. on a car that doesn't run. I guess they would just check that the motor is free and check over the body and electronics?

6. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Hey Joe,

Welcome to the forum! Honestly, it sounds like you dodged a bullet on this one. As others have mentioned, you can get underwater on these cars REALLY quickly. Especially for a non-running car that's been in an accident and has had a color change. You would be better off finding a nice, maintained, low mileage example for $10-$15K more.

Have you seen the '83 QV Coupe that's currently for sale on Long Island on eBay? It looks like a really nice option and could probably be had for closer to $30K.

There is more supply than demand for these cars currently in the U.S. market. I'd suggest being patient and waiting for the right deal to come along. If you're interested in a cabriolet as there are more of them here than the coupes which will provide you with more options.

Good luck in your search!

2cam

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  8. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
  9. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    "Mint condition" - me thinks not...

10. KATIEPEPI

KATIEPEPI Karting

Jan 13, 2013
    Switzerland
    I am selling my 1990 Mondial t 3.4 Cabrio. It is really a nice car and fun to drive but time for me to move to another sports car. It has had a full check including the big engine out service and belt change, new battery, new tires, running lights, new in-dash radio/GPS, new starter, new cooling lines, and a new fuse box among other things. More then Chf 12,000.00 of work, all done less than a year and 5,000 KM ago. I also have the full history and shop manual.

The car is black with tan interior, a lovely combination. I am asking Chf 55,000.00. A great opportunity.

Attached Files:

Wade and paulchua like this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hello my friend! Beautiful car!!

Just a heads up you'll need to sign up for membership to post a car for sale.

It's just $15 for a year

I'll leave this up as a courtesy for 48 hours.

GLWS!

Wade likes this.
  12. KATIEPEPI

KATIEPEPI Karting

Jan 13, 2013
    Switzerland
    Sorry did not realize that. How do I pay the fee?

paulchua likes this.
  13. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Go to the top of the page and click on the "Upgrade" tab...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua likes this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  15. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  16. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
  17. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    #2344 moysiuan, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    For that price, I would think routing the ignition wires correctly would not too much to ask. Looks like a decent driver, the right amount of miles suggesting it has been driven with some eliability.

18. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
  19. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
  20. Matthew 6:19

Matthew 6:19 Karting

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
  21. Matthew 6:19

Matthew 6:19 Karting

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    where is this beautiful car located?

22. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Looks like latham n.y. which is near albany.

23. KATIEPEPI

KATIEPEPI Karting

Jan 13, 2013
    Switzerland
    My Mondial is in Switzerland, near Zurich