Anyone wish they'd gotten a Lusso T instead of a Lusso or vice versa? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Anyone wish they'd gotten a Lusso T instead of a Lusso or vice versa?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by sisiay, Jan 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sisiay

sisiay Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2019
    Encinitas, CA
    Who are you going to use for the roof box?

2. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    cavallouomo likes this.
  3. sisiay

sisiay Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2019
    Encinitas, CA
    So suction cup mount?

4. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    Yes. No other way to mount it on the FF.
    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. sisiay

sisiay Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2019
    Encinitas, CA
  6. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
  7. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    I agree, and would add that neither are nimble. We are discussing a 2 ton car here. Makes little difference whether it's 1925kg or 2000kg. (Approximate real life weights, not fake Ferrari weights.)

V12 is the obvious choice here if buying a Lusso. If buying a turbo V8, why not just buy a different 4 seat car altogether?

cavallouomo likes this.
  8. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    But the main reason for the V12 is...…….

cavallouomo likes this.
  9. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    #84 SVR, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    V12 with RWD mod
    Or V8 with ECU tune and exhaust

AWD on Lusso is terrible, it kill all fun, and feeling of safety on slippery surfaces.
    And nose with v12 and PTU is too heavy.
    V8 much lighter, shorter and more deep in car base. And no PTU, in front of axle.

10. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    1. Because different 4 seat car, is not a Ferrari
    2. Design - shooting brake
    3. Passenger display )))

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I have just explained that above. Not true at all!

350MH83, ANOpax and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Zeus is right. The tiny difference in weight is a non-issue. We're talking 1790 vs. 1740 kg. I'm a 73 kg guy, so I suspect that my weight alone may offset the difference of other more heavy set fellas. Add to that how different a spec can be. I think for all intended purposes, many v8 an v12 versions are surprisingly close in weight once you weigh them. The weight balance between each car is pretty much the same as well.
    You also need to think of the Lusso as rwd, not awd or 4wd. Yes it has a ptu with a small torque converter pump system, but that's nothing like a true 4wd system. It can transfer a bit of power to the front in certain situations, but it's not l8ke you the a big chunk of those 690 ps up front. About 80 or so at best, the rest goes to the rear. The Lusso V12 is and drives for all intended puposes as an rwd car, because that's what it is. What to experience the Lusso as 4wd? Find a muddy dirt road, raise the suspension so you don't scrape things, put it in ICE and floor it through the mud. It will lumber along slowly and not show much in terms of accelleration, despite your foot being mashed to the carpet. In that situation it really feels 4wd and that's fun. But then try this. Go out on a day where the roads are damp, temps are around 6-8 c, put it in comfort and floor it. So much for 4wd lol..it's an rwd car with the ability to put a bit of power to the fronts in some specific situations.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

350MH83, REALZEUS and ANOpax like this.
  13. Agpl

Agpl Karting

Jan 15, 2013
    Worcestershire UK
    Full Name:
    John Ranson
    I have a V12 Lusso in the rural UK wet greasy conditions throughout our winter so the part AWD system is perfect to stop understeer when pushing on without the weight and loss of balance found in a conventional system.
    I also have a Honda NSX similar result through the independent electric motor on each front wheel. both incredible turn in ability especially given our weather.

14. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    In theory, everything is fine. But when you live in Moscow and once a week, BMW M5 or Audi c8 want to race with you on a snowy road, you will find out that such AWD is worse than the usual AWD because it does not give traction, and worse than the RWD because it does not give pleasure in Drift and predictability in difficult situations.
    I really love my winter-weekend Lusso, but my everyday M5 is much better in terms of all-wheel drive. When you drive slowly, or on a dry road, everything is ok. But it is worth starting to go a little faster, on a road different from the ideal, and satisfaction disappears, there remains annoyance.

15. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Looks like something similar to Seasucker Monkey Bars suction rails. I don't have much experience with those, but it would make me so nervous to haul ass without some confidence that at speed the shape of the roof box would be generating drag/downforce rather than lift!

16. sisiay

sisiay Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2019
    Encinitas, CA
    I actually use the Seasucker racks to carry surfboards on my Lusso now (did it on an AMG GTS previously) it world great with those huge glass roofs, I don't worry about it at all. There's a DDE video where he tests the limits of the suction on a Huracan and the box shreds at over 100mph but the rack stays put (and it was on a wrap, which is not advised).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

SECRET likes this.
  17. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    wish me luck, i am selling my Lusso T which I drover for 20000 km in Thailand, got an opportunity with v12 low mile 2500km, so getting that one, coming in 2 weeks, the reason I am changing is because sometimes the T is too slippery for B roads, and a lot of rain here in chiang mai, will the v12 be more practical with the rain because of AWD?

Thank you

18. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I can’t speak for the Lusso but for the FF. The Lusso’s AWD system is more advanced than the FF’s so it should be better.

I’ve been on Ferrari club driving days in my FF with a mix of mid engine V8s and front engine V12s in the fleet. And on wet and damp days, I leave them behind…

It’s the traction out of corners which makes the difference.

bumcubed, -K1- and Mike Chawla like this.
  19. bumcubed

bumcubed Karting

Apr 15, 2022
    I can only speak for the FF too but I have driven it in torrential rain / wet conditions without worry and there is much much more grip v Cali 30 on wet roads

Bundy and Mike Chawla like this.
  20. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    I just received my Lusso v12 today after selling my well driven Luso T for 21000km, I owned 812 before this, and for me personally the Lusso v12 is so so planted, solid, firm and feel so assured than anything I have owned before, I am pleasantly surprised, I couldn't believe the solidness and the grip I had to take the car out 3 times today to understand the detail of the car, it totally feels like a different car to the T, it is like even the suspension and chassis is different but maybe its the AWD, anyways what a car!! I hope this feedback can help people decide when they need if it is about the grip and stability they looking for.

mclaren slr, Moopz and ANOpax like this.
  21. dinkman

dinkman Rookie

Jul 7, 2022
    Full Name:
    not telling
    maybe rookie question but what % of lusso's were v12 vs v8 in US?