Needed: Service Location Recommendation near DC | FerrariChat

Needed: Service Location Recommendation near DC

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by No-Subt2, Nov 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. No-Subt2

No-Subt2 Karting

May 6, 2019
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Danny
    I live in Alexandria, Va. I have a 2003 Ferrari 360 Spider gated 6 speed.

Which place is recommended for service/maintenance. My priority is more about quality of service than closeness/distance; however, the establishment should be within a 4 hour drive. I want to build a relationship to service/maintain my vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Danny,
    Congrats on the car, hands down the best place is Competizione. http://www.competizionecars.com You won't have more experienced gentleman working on your car, Richard and Fernando are the best.

3. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Caphill and ROMO like this.
  4. Bad Dogg

Bad Dogg Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Avon, CT
    Full Name:
    Howard
    Competizione. I come down from Pittsburgh to see Richard and Fernando. They make my car sing!

E60 M5 and Caphill like this.
  5. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Yup competizione....I'm in shirlington so we are close

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Caphill likes this.
  6. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    hercfe likes this.
  7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Also try Greg Miller London County Exotics, former FoW. Can't go wrong with any of the above.

ROMO likes this.
  8. hezgon

hezgon Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2006
    Ft Pierce, FL
    Full Name:
    Stan
    No doubt, the best place is Competizione. http://www.competizionecars.com You won't have more experienced gentleman working on your car, Richard and Fernando are the best. They have been maintaining both of mine for over 10 years now!

Caphill, pilotoCS and E60 M5 like this.
  9. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Yes, Greg does fantastic work

10. crburg4

crburg4 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2019
    Springfield, VA
    Full Name:
    Reese
    I bought my 550 almost a year ago and had Loudoun County Exotics "baseline" the car before driving 6,000 miles this past year. Greg Miller found several age-related hidden issues that may have put me on the side of the road. We're both in Northern Virginia and so is Loudoun County Exotics.

285ferrari likes this.
  11. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Loudoun bad-mouthed Competizione when I said I was shopping a few quotes for a major...this was enough for me to not go with them and they were more expensive too

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

unreelviper and pilotoCS like this.
  12. crburg4

crburg4 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2019
    Springfield, VA
    Full Name:
    Reese
    Sorry to hear that, but thanks for sharing.

13. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    If you spoke directly to Greg Miller that's very surprising to hear about him bad mouthing any of his competitors. I've known Greg for many years and that's not his style in the least bit. Do you recall if you spoke to Greg directly or perhaps an employe of his. Nonetheless, no customer should have to endure anyone speaking like that to you.

14. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Doesn't add up. Any of us who know Greg, know that he's a gentleman first. Richard and Fernando have an absolutely sterling, impeccable reputation for hundreds of miles in every direction. Greg would have to know it wouldn't go over well in the community to talk smack about Competizione. And he simply doesn't need to. Simple misunderstanding, I hope, but not buying at face value.

ROMO likes this.
  15. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I agree here. Greg has told me several times they run a great shop. They are both great and I think I may be transitioning more to LoCo as they are an hour closer and work on most of my other cars.

F1 Tico and ROMO like this.
  16. F1 Tico

F1 Tico Rookie

Jun 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Luis Herrera
    hi everyone, still very very new to all of this Just got my 2012 California. I live in Fairfax, where can we be safe to get a emissions and safety test? I am afraid to go to the same place I take our day-to-day cars :)
    THANKS!!!!!!!11

17. crburg4

crburg4 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2019
    Springfield, VA
    Full Name:
    Reese
    Take it to Ferrari of Washington (Northeast of Dulles airport). The fees for VA safety and emissions inspections are set by the state so you'll pay the same no matter where you go AND the dealership knows Ferraris.

Gh21631, pilotoCS and F1 Tico like this.