Sold - 2003 360 Spider F1 Grigio Titanium/Cuoio 27K miles - Excellent Condition | FerrariChat

Sold 2003 360 Spider F1 Grigio Titanium/Cuoio 27K miles - Excellent Condition

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by jjsaustin, Feb 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    FOR SALE 2003 360 Spider F1 Grigio Titanium/Cuoio 27K miles - Excellent Condition

HIGHLIGHTS
    • Original MSRP: $193K
    • Priced to Sell: $74K
    • PPIs Welcomed
    FEATURES: F1, Power Daytona Seats, Leather door sills, Modular Wheels, Challenge Grill, Red Calipers

MECHANICALLY - Excellent condition, everything works including the AC
    • Last Timing belt service performed ~2 yrs ago (2K miles ago)
    • Last Annual Service performed ~6 mos ago (~500 miles ago)
    • New Engine mounts and new Transmission mount ~2 yrs ago
    • New Exhaust OEM Manifolds less than 1yr ago
    • Tires like new replaced 6k miles ago

COSMETICALLY – Excellent condition
    • No Accidents, Dents or Dings – Clean CarFax
    • Only a few minor stone chips on the front bumper – I will post close up pictures this weekend
    • Seats are in pristine condition, no creases or cracks in the leather
    • No curb rash on any of the rims

MISC. – Fully Documented and Complete
    • All service records including from the original owner
    • All 3 remotes (2 Black and 1 Red Master)
    • All Owner Manuals, Booklets, Tools, Radio Security Code, Car Security Pin, etc.
    • Car cover, seat covers, and bag
    • 360 Ferrari Brochure
    • Copy of Window Sticker

DESCRIPTION:

The 360 is one of the most beautiful Ferrari’s ever made with a timeless, classic look. It was the first Ferrari to adopt an all-aluminum frame and to display the iconic Ferrari engine under glass like a piece of art. Hagerty just added the Ferrari 360 to their Bull Market selection list in Jan of 2020 and their evaluation experts expect the car to appreciate in the coming year (it was the only Ferrari on their list). Imagine yourself driving this iconic convertible, with the Ferrari sound coming from the engine sitting just inches behind your head. It is sure to put a smile on your face!

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2020/01/08/2020-hagerty-bull-market-selection-1999-2005-ferrari-360

This stunning 360 spider was originally purchased from Ferrari of Beverly Hills. I am the second owner of the car and have owned it for the last 12 years. The Grigio Titanium (Gray) exterior shows off the beautiful lines of the 360 – even the 360 Brochure has many of the photos in gray/silver. The two-tone Cuoio (Natural) leather interior combination has a very luxurious look and a popular alternative to the lighter tan. The pictures just don’t do it justice. This car has been meticulously maintained and cared for. The car has never been tracked or even driven in the rain and the engine compartment shows it. The muffler has a mirror-like finish and the side panels still have their gloss finish. The leather seats are in excellent condition free of any cracks or creases. The car is driven on a regular basis (every 2 weeks at a minimum) to avoid issues that can arise when a car sits for extended periods of time.

Since 2016 the car has been serviced by arguably one of the most knowledgeable, independent Ferrari mechanics in the country. A couple items to highlight: First, over time the rubber transmission and motor mounts lose their effectiveness and eventually need to be replaced regardless of the miles. The transmission and motor mounts were recently replaced - one less thing to have to do. Second, in some cases, the exhaust manifolds will need to be replaced. Essentially the pre-cat contained within each of the exhaust manifolds can fail which requires the exhaust manifold to be replaced (ie. the pre-cat is not a serviceable item). At the first sign of the pre-cat in one of the exhaust manifolds starting to fail, both exhaust manifolds were replaced with new OEM manifolds at the cost of ~$17K last year. While this is not very common repair, it is a very expensive repair – one less item to worry about. This car will provide the new owner with peace of mind of not having to worry about massive repair bills.

In summary, this is a very clean car that has been well cared for and most people think the car is only a few years old. I am confident the first person that looks at the car will buy it. It is ready to provide years of excitement and thrills that only a Ferrari provides.

Below are a few pictures to illustrate the beautiful color combination of the car. I also have a CarFax that can be provided upon request. I will post more close up pictures this weekend.

Please PM me with any questions.

Thank you for looking!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

J-McFly, SRLC716 and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I hate when people do this... But damn... That is a really good looking color combo. Unconventional but beautiful

lee-o likes this.
  3. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Gorgeous car!

lee-o likes this.
  5. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    lee-o likes this.
  6. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thank you for your comments!

I realize in most of the country people are still dealing with snow and not exactly convertible weather, but in Texas it is :).

Anyways, I figured people on Fchat can appreciate the car so I'm posting it here first. Next month I will advertise on one of the used car websites where I can get broader exposure.

lee-o likes this.
  7. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    It’s beautiful and listed at a value price for sure. Great write up and listing, and best of luck with the sale!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #9 jjsaustin, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    JRE likes this.
  9. Pedrota

Pedrota Rookie

Feb 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Badr tassi
    Did you fix the sticky buttons ? Thank you

10. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Sticky buttons occur on all 360s and 430s (not sure if Ferrari addressed this on newer models - probably not old enough to tell yet) . My buttons have all been cleaned, no sticky residue remain. I will post some pics later today when I get a chance.

11. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
  12. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
  13. v tach

v tach Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 14, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I would like to vouch for this vehicle and the seller—something I’ve never done in the over 16 years that I’ve been a member on this forum.

I would argue that this is the best example of a 360 Spider at this price point anywhere. In fact, if a buyer comes to look at the car and feels it is not as described, I will pay for your airfare and hotel! (Contact me prior to arranging so I can confirm buyer’s level of interest in actually buying a Ferrari and not trying to getting a free trip to Austin :)).

The seller is also a stand up guy. He is as meticulous as you would expect from an engineer and knows the car very well—something you may not get from a dealer. He is also about 150lbs which I feel helps minimize wear on the interior—the bolsters on this car look great.

I sincerely contemplated moving this car into my garage when I found out it was for sale—unfortunately, I already own a Ferrari (and a couple of Lambos and a couple of Porsches, blah blah) so it doesn’t make sense for me.

The new owner of this car will benefit from it’s current condition and prior maintenance. I think this would make an ideal first Ferrari for someone without getting burned on pending service items or depreciation.

My only suggestion to the future buyer: drive it home through the Texas Hill Country!

Good luck to the seller and future buyer.

ross, JRE and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  14. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thanks for the glowing endorsement :)

15. txferrarifan

txferrarifan Rookie

Jul 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I would also like to vouch for the quality and condition of this vehicle and the seller.

The car is in excellent condition and has been meticulously cared for since day 1. I have been lucky enough to be around from the day it arrived in Austin up until now, and I can validate all of the claims and statements above.

If I had room in my garage, I would be adding this car to my collection, especially at this exceptional price.

16. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Jim, beautiful car and excellent transparent representation of it. Probably one of the best deals on FChat right now. The 360 continues to amaze me. I guess that’s why I’m on my 4th one! :) GLWS.

17. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Updates:

Mileage approaching 28k
    Price: $71K

18. sonfield

sonfield Karting

Jul 17, 2008
    Florence, SC
    Still available?

19. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yes it is.

PM me if you have any questions or would like to talk.

Thank you

20. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    Looks to be in beautiful shape.

21. sonfield

sonfield Karting

Jul 17, 2008
    Florence, SC
    Trying to figure out pm. Upgraded membership but ....