Residual heat FF | FerrariChat

Residual heat FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by LeoBRK, Feb 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    14 FF: I notice when I turn the car off and come back in within less than 15 mins I hear a fan running and there seems to be some sort of residual heating coming out of the vents? My old MB S classes used to have the REST button when activated allows you to maintain a warm temperature after shutting the car off. I do not see a REST button or anything that indicates the FF has that feature? It just seem to turn on automatically. Anyone familiar with this?

2. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    No "rest" button in our FF imho and mine does not that when comes back to its garage.
    How hot is your engine when you cut it? I notice you are located in NYC, perhap's very hot because of the traffic? My 50cents...

3. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo

4. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Yes I did not think there was a RST button anywhere, I live in New York and for example I just drove the car and no traffic whatsoever but got on it a little bit on the highway drove it in total for 25 minutes but nothing crazy Fast, parked got back in the car and I heard it running I guess that’s just the engine when the car shut off but it seems that some residual heat comes out of the vents inside the car Living in a cold climate and using it as my daily driver I kind of like the car sort of stays a little bit Warmer.

5. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Mine does this too. The strange thing is that it didn’t activate in the outdoor heat of Southern European summer but it does in my cool garage in Northern European winter.

My speculation is that it’s either

1) to do with drying out the air conditioning system and is humidity related. When it kicks in, I notice that I get condensation trails on the inside of my car’s windscreen. Or:

2) it’s engine bay temp related. I have a CTEK battery monitor fitted to my battery which also measures battery temp. I notice that the temp consistently peaks at 60c and never goes any higher before coming down. It’s possible that there’s no residual air flow in my garage so it kicks in whereas when I’m on holiday in the summer, the car is left outside so there’s residual flow through the car. The residual flow keeps temps below 60c despite ambient temps being as high as 38c.