Aftermarket HGTS? | FerrariChat

Aftermarket HGTS?

Discussion in '612/599' started by 360Marnix, May 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Just curious:
    The HGTS package includes:
    Sports exhaust
    Thicker rear anti-roll bar
    Revised da per rates.
    Other wheels
    Chrome shizzle in the rear bumper

I have the wheels and a custom sports exhaust.
    Is it possible to order the thicker anti roll-bar and remap the dampers ECU?

What is the part number for the anti roll-bar and what else do I need?

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    One of the 612 owners here did just that, if you can get your dealer to cooperate. He will have to dig up the parts numbers for you. Probably easier to just buy the shock absorber/body ECU and F1 ECU rather than trying to get yours reflashed. You can always ask for the reflash, but I would not hold my breath. Here is what is in the HGTS package for early 612s. The early HGTS/HGTC F1 TCU gives min shift times of around 160 ms compared to the standard's 180 ms. What you need will also depend on whether your 612 is Motronic 7.1.1 or 7.3.2.

Packages:
    * *HGTS Package includes: Sports Exhausts, Modular Wheel Rims 19″ with Sport Tires, Colored Brake Calipers, Specific Suspension Control ECU, Revised F1 Gearbox Software with Shorter Gear Shift times.

* * *HGTC Package includes: Carbon-Ceramic Brake Discs, CCM System Mono-block Brake Calipers, Sports Exhaust, Ball-polished Modular Wheel Rims 19″ with Sport Tires, Color Brake Calipers, Specific Suspension Control ECU and Revised F1 Gearbox Software with Shorter Gear Shift times.

3. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Thanks for the quick reply! I will ask my dealer to check the possibilities.

4. RegW

RegW Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    London
  5. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    I "engineerd" something myself and EPS exhausts made it for me. It does look exactly like the original sports exhaust.

6. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Today I came a step further. Since october I have 20" wheels. Today I received my enhanced stabilizer bar.

All the shops told me it was no longer available.

My official dealer told me the same. But one dealer in Switserland had one (probably the last one world wide) My dealer ordered it and today I received it.

It mounted the bar already on my car. When the weather starts getting better I can try it.

The dealer will help me with the software for the shocks and - maybe- the TCU.

So.... it is almost a HGTS (kind of)

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    They offered kits for the 575M to upgrade to HGTC specs, but I never saw one for the 612, so glad you were able to glue something together. You will like the reduction in understeer the rear bar provides. The package also included stiffer springs, but you may be happy with just the rear bar and no loss of ride quality,

Cobra sc likes this.
  8. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Thanks! I think I like the idea to keep the original springs. The rear bar, exhaust and 20" wheels are probably enough to have some fun.

9. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Good work getting the new anti roll bar! Can’t have been easy.

Just a thought, but would a rear ARB from a OTO be the same spec as the early HGTS? Same with the suspension ecu too?

10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Unfortunately, parts catalogs for the later 612s are only available at dealers, so hard to compare part numbers without their help. HGT2 replaced HGTS/HGTC in late 2007, and not sure if they used different springs and roll bars from the earlier HGTx, either.

11. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I have the full factory diagnostics Software package, which includes the parts diagrams. Will take a look later.

Suspension ecus don’t need end of line programming, so in theory you should just be able to plug one in and it’ll work.

12. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Robin- It depends on whether she has 7.1.1 or 7.3.2. ECUs for the different Motronic systems are not compatible.

Take a look at the date on your 612 CD to make sure it has all the latest updates.

13. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    NCM node (engine) does indeed speak to the suspension ecu. As do NBC (body ecu), NFR (braked), NCR (gearbox) and NAS (steering).

Physical ecus are the same across all 612’s, but having examined some flash ROMs from different years of 612, the later ones are quite different. How this equates to can bus messages, I have no idea. Could well be an issue though as you say.

At least you can’t go wrong with the ARB!:D

14. Radu

Radu Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2018
    Netherlands
    Marnix, is this Kroymans? If so, could you please PM me the name of the person that has helped you there, that you have been talking to? Thanks a lot.

15. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    PM send, in Dutch.

16. ScagliettisBest

Dec 1, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Hi,

Good job with the anti roll-bar! Looking forward to learn about your first impression. I have a 2005 with Challenge wheels and HGT exhaust, however standard springs/dampers/roll-bar and am currently trying to find the same kind of information with my Ferrari dealer in Zurich/CH. He however told me that the roll-bar is out of stock and cannot be ordered either.

Please could you send me a PM to understand which dealer in CH to contact? Thanks ahead.

Dennis

Today I came a step further. Since october I have 20" wheels. Today I received my enhanced stabilizer bar.

All the shops told me it was no longer available.

My official dealer told me the same. But one dealer in Switserland had one (probably the last one world wide) My dealer ordered it and today I received it.

It mounted the bar already on my car. When the weather starts getting better I can try it.

The dealer will help me with the software for the shocks and - maybe- the TCU.

So.... it is almost a HGTS (kind of)

17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Not sure I would change the shock absorber ECU if she still has the stock springs. TCU, sure, should be easy to do and will smooth out shifts and decrease min shift time from 180 ms to ~160 ms.

18. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    According to my dealer the anti roll-bar was the last one in the world. There is no other available.

19. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Interesting. I will ask my dealer. They won't do any flashing or "not official" work. Ordering and installing ECU's is maybe possible.

20. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Probably a daft idea, but I wonder if there’s any physical compatibility between 612 and 599 anti roll bars?

21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Robin- Not according to the parts catalogs.

22. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I wouldn’t have expected so, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it wouldn’t physically fit. Long shot, I know, but I think wishbones and drop links are shared. Lemme see if I can find info on track width.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
  24. FNCOOL

FNCOOL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2020
    UAE
    Full Name:
    GEZEN BILIR
    Can the 599 rear sway bar be upgraded if parts exist?

25. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Course it can. Easy bolt in job.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app