Bad Battery? | FerrariChat

Bad Battery?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Apollo 11, Feb 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have a 2003 360 and I keep it on a battery tender. I recently installed an Atigravity Battery Tracker. The tender keeps the battery charged to just over 13V. I took it off the tender for an hour today and the voltage dropped to 12.78 before I plugged it back in. Does this much loss in 1 hour sound like I have a weak battery or maybe there is some parasitic draw? Or is that normal? The car seems to have plenty of cranking power.

The battery I have installed is an Interstate 48/H6 with a date code of 9/18.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    A normal battery will return to about 12.5 to 12.8 after sitting after a charge

During Charing or car running ..it will be between 13.7 to 14.7

If you see it drop below 12.2 then consider it a draw or a bad battery

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

JaguarXJ6 likes this.
  3. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Thanks for the reply.

I'll leave it off the tender for a few hours to see where is settles. I still need to run the Crank and Charge tests. Those should give me a better idea of the batteries health.

4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    we have been having issues with one of our company vehicles battery going dead just sitting (we have determined its a light being left on). I've had it tested twice and they have found no issues when making sure there are no interior lights on. Away the tech said to me that normal cars draw 40-50 miliamps just sitting. This car was only pulling 15 miliamps while sitting. Either way all cars draw just sitting.