For Sale - 1989 Mondial T Cabriolet | FerrariChat

For Sale 1989 Mondial T Cabriolet

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by trainsplanesandautos, Feb 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trainsplanesandautos

Silver Subscribed

Feb 21, 2010
    Burleson Tx.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    For Sale is my 1989 Mondial T Cab. I purchased the car a few years ago. I performed a complete engine out service which included performing all service updates for intermediate shaft bearing and cam seal oil leaks. New Hill Engineering bearings, oil pump and cam chain tensioners replaced, new intake gaskets and fuel injectors overhauled and balanced. Cams timed properly not a lock and swap. Runs perfect no surging at idle. Transmission shifts well, Have driven the car over 2000 miles since service with no problems. When I purchased the car there was a small area of garage rash on the rear fender. The body shop repaired the minor damage and proceeded to block sand the entire car and put on a beautiful Rosso Corso Red finish, photos don’t do justice the car is straight with a mirror finish. Rosso Corso is the original color. The interior is unrestored and in great shape for a 30 year old car. This is not the typical differed service Mondial. Now for the bad, the Air Conditioning is not working, I have done a good amount of troubleshooting and believe the expansion valve will need to be replaced. The Trunk and Engine bonnet electric solenoids do not open the doors manual opening of these compartments is how they are opened. Tool kit, some manuals. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Feel free To contact me with any questions of additional photos.

$ 46,000 dollars US

Mark Pohly
    281-772-6105
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

crinoid, Allen S. and Red 27 like this.
  2. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Mileage?

3. trainsplanesandautos

Silver Subscribed

Feb 21, 2010
    Burleson Tx.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    32,699 I do drive the car on occasion but that is the miles in the garage now

4. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Could you explain how you went from having a minor body fix to fully blocking and painting the car? What was the rational there?

(this is for my own curiosity). And GLWS. It looks like a very squared away T

5. trainsplanesandautos

Silver Subscribed

Feb 21, 2010
    Burleson Tx.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The body guy was not happy with the normal wavy body work which was normal for these older cars. So he blocked the car which was done without body work just using the original finish as filler to straighten out the panels. He saw irregularities that I did not see. The result is a really straight car. If you have been looking at older cars get down on the car and look down the panels you will see what I am talking about. These cars were pretty much hand built.

6. aficionado

aficionado Rookie

Oct 2, 2014
    As a 20 year owner of a nearly identical car, which also just needed an AC expansion valve replacement, I can say your car looks in beautiful cosmetic condition but any buyer needs to get a few estimates of expansion valve replacement cost (major job requiring full dash removal) to consider when making an offer for your very desirable 89 t

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Good luck with your sale!
    Depending on how quickly you find a buyer, you may consider making it up to Dallas to show it off in person!

There are several FCA events and the Boardwalk Concorso in March , would love to see your T out and about!

Steve