My latest admirer of my 360 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My latest admirer of my 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by albkid, Jan 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Neil22

Neil22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2018
    Oxford CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Silberkleit
    The other day stopped at a friends shop with the car and one of the workers had his son there and took pictures, even allowed the kid to sit in the drivers seat.
    What a great feeling to bring joy and a smile :) to kids.
    I really love when young people walk up to the car and just want to take a look and ask questions.

tomc likes this.
  2. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Three that I have probably posted before, but I’ll repost a summary of each:

I was enjoying a long backroads drive in Central Florida (remember, Miami is not Florida - Central Florida once you get a couple of miles outside of metro Orlando is very, very, very rural) and decided I needed to stop at the only gas station I had seen in about an hour. While filling up, a 20 something ish kid with his hat on backwards and his pants hanging down got up and started very deliberately walking towards me. I will admit I was a bit apprehensive. But he walked up, stopped, smiled, nodded, and said “Yo. Dat s**t is fresh, bro.” And he smiled and walked away.

Filling up at my local gas station, I pulled in behind a mini van with “northern” plates, I could see all the little faces pressed up against the windows. The dad / driver sort of sheepishly asked “My son is a huge car fan. Is it OK with you if he gets out and looks at your car?” I said why not let him sit behind the wheel and take a couple of photos? A few minutes later, they were loaded back up, both of us fueled up, and the dad said something like “We’ve got a 10 hour drive ahead of us, and he’s not going to shut up about this the whole way home. But thank you.”

Parked at the wharf in Monterey, a young kid and his mom walked by my car and the kid got all excited, pointing and shouting “Mom! Look! Look!” Mom calmly replied “I see it. And what kind of car is that, sweetie?” He replied back “I don’t know, BUT ITS REALLY COOL!!!!!!”

Tajir Al-Ahzan and tomc like this.
  3. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    I live in Scottsdale, AZ. few years ago I drove to Mayo Clinic for routine medical appointment ... parked in underground garage. When I returned to car a teenage boy and his mother were admiring the car. The mom tells me that Ferrari is her son’s dream car. I unlocked the car, let the young man sit in driver seat and start the car and just enjoy his moment. He was about 13 or 14 years old. He had lost all his hair and was looking very frail. He had a grin on his face that went from ear to ear. When we started to part ways, his mom took me aside and confided that this really made her son’s day and thanked me. As they were walking away to the clinic entrance I could not but reflect what that young man and his family was going through ... likely some form of cancer treatment ... and how damned fortunate I am. I never saw them again, but think about him from time to time and hope that my gesture in some small way gave him some joy.

MalcQV, up4speed, Silentnoiz and 5 others like this.
  4. The4DA

The4DA Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    GA
    Full Name:
    RC
    Just after I lowered my car, I took it for a test drive (to get gas) to verify clearance of the wheel/tire package I have on. A young guy working at the gas station came out while I was pumping gas to ask me about the car and ask if he could take a picture with it. I said sure. He was trying to take a selfie, but I could tell the pic wasn't going to be that good. I told him to let me take the picture for him so it could be a good one. So, he said he'd pump the gas for me since I was taking the picture. The smile on his face made it worth it.

Funniest thing I've heard is some people in a truck pulled up to next to me a couple weeks ago and it went like this.

Driver: "Is that a Ferrari?"
    Backseat Pass: "Is that a Ferrari or Mustang?"
    Me: "It's a Ferrari"
    Driver: "I TOLD YOU IT WAS A FERRARI".

Haha. The look on my wife's face when he said "or Mustang".

5. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I was at a shopping center and came out and a boy about 10 was admiring my F12 he was with his mother and she told me how they saw the car in the parking lot and she turned around because he wanted to see it .. SO I showed him the car unlocked it and let him sit in it and of course the mother was taking pictures . SO I asked her if it would be ok for me to give him a
    short ride in the car and she could follow me around the shopping center she agreed and I gave him a ride in my F12 ..It made my day and he enjoyed it..

Another story I came out of a store just after Christmas and a young man about 18 was checking the car out so I told him all about it he asked if he could take pictures of it which of course I said sure then I suggested I take a picture of him sitting in it.. So I did that and in handing the super thin new(Christmas present ) phone to him it slipped out of my hand .. and broke the screen well I felt terrible . SO I gave him enough cash to buy a new phone and then gave him a ride in the car. he did not want the money for the phone but I just could not live with not buying him a new phone ...

Another story My brother who was maybe 55 got divorced and came down to visit us with his new girl friend (now divorced long story) but they brought her son down and he was super quiet and my daughters and nephews were also there . SO I gave everyone a ride let those old enough drive the car then got to the girl friends 14 year old son who was sitting in his room by him self .. SO I called him down and asked him if he wanted a ride I talked him into it and we went for an exciting ride I looked over and he was laughing and from that point on he became one of the guys ...
    I have many other stories but these are good for now.....
    I just remember a couple of things when I was a kid that meant so much to me one was I was driving in the backseat maybe 11 years old and a then new 65 corvette was behind us and I was sitting backwards in the seat looking at the car and the guy flipped the headlights up and back
    which was a big deal back then and then he blasted by my parents car and waved as he went buy I fell in love with corvettes right then.....

Freddan and up4speed like this.
  6. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    I was at a red light behind a school bus full of kids . When one looked behind and saw the 360 they came to the back of the bus giving me the thumbs up and were smiling /gawking. I blipped the throttle a few times and flashed the lights for them . Fun stuff

7. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My uncle and I are Italian - he was born in Italy. I always used to go to his house to show off my new car whether it be a Chevy, Cadillac or Mercedes. He always said they were nice. So the day I drove up with my 360 Spider he said. "lets go for a drive"! In Italian he basically said that now he can die happy! He has died recently - I'm glad I made him happy.

ml65, BrettC, MalcQV and 3 others like this.