Do any of you get buyers remorse after buying a exotic car? | FerrariChat

Do any of you get buyers remorse after buying a exotic car?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JustAnotherCarPerson, Feb 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JustAnotherCarPerson

Nov 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Butt head
    I’m afraid to buy a Ferrari or exotic car because I get really bad buyers remorse after buying expensive things and I wondered if anyone else as this problem?

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Go see a shrink, he might be able to cure you. Good luck! :)

3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    In two words...f no!

what are you sorry for?

If you worked hard for your money; what’s the problem? If you are a spoilt brat I doubt they question would even realise in your brain.

(welcome to the forum by the way!)

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The real question here is what is the reasons for your buyer's remorse?

5. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    No, never. Loved every exotic car I’ve owned. Each was different

paulchua likes this.
  6. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Depreciation, right? Otherwise you could just sell it if you feel 'remorse' and get back to 'even'.

paulchua likes this.
  7. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Never ever ever!

Well maybe sometimes....

Ahhh now I'm not sure

paulchua and technom3 like this.
  8. Penguin

Penguin Rookie

Oct 16, 2016
    I bought my first Ferrari 3 years ago, and absolutely have no buyer’s remorse. It’s so awesome to own one of these babies.

9. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    You'll grow out of it, or make better initial buying decisions. (profile says 14).

jjmalez, Thecadster, JAM1 and 2 others like this.
  10. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    I do my homework prior to purchasing. I agonize and comparison shop to ensure I’m getting the best deal. My agonizing is prior to the purchase. Once I know exactly what I want I have never had any regrets with purchasing. No buyers remorse. The only regret is letting some vehicles slip through my hands that I should have kept

11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    :D:D:D:D

Maybe it's his dad who has buyer's remorse!

Auraraptor, paulchua and mikeswplt like this.
  12. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    My remorse would most likely be caused from my name being "Butt Head" than it would be about any purchase. :) But seriously, I have never doubted my decision for buying my Ferrari, life is just too short.

Mikael-F360, paulchua and Nospinzone like this.
  13. JustAnotherCarPerson

Nov 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Butt head
    Yes I am 14 (about to be 15) I was asking cause I get buyers remorse after buying big ticket items and was wondering if anyone else as this problem. No I don’t own a Ferrari or will be purchasing one any time soon (not for a LONG time actually)
    But Ferrari is one of my favorite brands right next to Alfa Romeo and it’s my dream to own a Ferrari hopefully a 812superfast.

14. Snaponjackson

Snaponjackson Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    My wife sure seems to get buyer's remorse every time I buy one of these things. NOT me though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ah, in that case give it some time. Once you are in the job market and working for, and earning, your own money you will likely feel differently.

Study hard, work hard, don't waste your money on crap, and you will get there. And when you do you will have no remorse. ;)

gabf1, LARRYH, ZF123 and 1 other person like this.
  16. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I didn't have buyers remorse, but I did have the car on such a pedestal that it was somewhat of a let down when I did buy one. At the end of the day its still an inanimate object.

However it has grown on me every day, and its a real thrill to have one and further my connection to the community.

17. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I have regretted selling, not buying, my Ariel Atom and my 330 2+2.

Matt

ScottS, LARRYH and phrogs like this.
  18. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    No way. There is a reason you wanted it in the first place.

Life is short. Hurry up.

Robb

19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Robb, he is only 14! :D

Shamile, ZF123 and Robb like this.
  20. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I do get that, when I get paranoid I bought a lemon for £150k plus lol. 9/10 it's unfounded and I get over it after a week but, a couple of purchases ago I realised an AFD had sold me a car with 10 of 12 panels with aftermarket paint when they said it had a front even only for stone chips. What absolutely takes the proverbial is I had the paint gague in the car at the time of purchase and they said I didn't need it, car went back on transport at their expense 200 miles away and they refunded but, just make sure u do all checks before and you will have no remorse
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I’m ecstatic to see a 14 year old who actually loves cars especially exotics. There is hope for the human race after all.
    Since the world will probably burn to a crisp within a generation or two and only roaches and rodents will survive- work hard- get your car as soon as feasible- drive it like you stole it and die happy
    Buyers remorse is for those who wonder whether they should recycle their underwear to save the planet!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes - the remorse I have is that I didn't buy it sooner.

23. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Is her buyer's remorse related to you, or the car?

(Ducking)

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Welcome friend. Kudos to you for being honest and curious. Doing the homework on these cars is a lot of fun! Basically, buyer's remorse can come from one of 3 forms.

1) You've overextended yourself financially to obtain one. (solution to this is only to buy one when you can comfortably, own and most importantly properly maintain the car.) Not as hard for some used models.

2) You bought one and it didn't meet your expectations. This happens, thankfully, you should know pretty quickly and you can sell and hopefully minimize the loss. (solution to this starts with more affordable sports cars and work yourself "up", or test-drive/experience other exotics with friends/family to get a taste.)

3) You bought one of these with 'investment' and 'making money' in mind. (Solution to this is only to buy used one that's largely depreciated and/or a model that is a blue chip)

I hope this helps, and I look forward to your posts and additional questions.

Have a great day and welcome to Fchat!

EnzoItaly, LARRYH and Nospinzone like this.
  25. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The remorse I’m worried about isn’t post purchase, it’s looking back and wishing I’d have had more cool cars when I’m too old to drive sports cars anymore.

LARRYH and paulchua like this.