Differences between Mondial Fuseboard replacements? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Differences between Mondial Fuseboard replacements?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Albert Penello, Jan 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Oh lord, getting off Facebook a couple years ago was the best thing I’ve done in a long time. Don’t give me a reason to go back!!

Wade likes this.
  2. Woodstocksparky

Jun 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mike Mainieri
    Bringing this tread alive again. The G.T. CAR PARTS INC seems to be plug and play compared to SRI and looks factory. Anyone install one of thier Fuse boxes? Going in my 88 3.2

3. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I have one but have not installed it yet. It looks very well made.

4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  5. Woodstocksparky

Jun 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mike Mainieri
    Just a play on words, I own a electrical contracting company and grew up in Woodstock NY, so my fellow contractors started calling me the Woodstock sparky years ago.
    Cheers!

ronfrohock likes this.
  6. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    I installed the GT board in my 87 Cab. As long as your connectors are in good shape, it is plug and play. Took about 15 minutes to switch out. Also excellent product support from GT if you have any issues or questions.

moysiuan likes this.
  7. gunn

gunn Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2021
    Full Name:
    Gunn S
    If anyone wants a working original fuse panel and a full set of stock connectors (included the W connector that is prone to melting), I'm happy to sell off the ones from my 82 Mondial QV. I ended up replacing all my 12V wiring in my car to simplify things and remove circuits I no longer needed.

8. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I have the GT Parts board and make it a habit every few years remove it clean it check all the solder joints and replace all the relays and fuses, spray it all down with electronic cleaner, then deoxit, I also run without the fuse box cover, that compartment is sealed anyway so it probably lets the relay stay a little cooler