FF OEM exhaust valves | FerrariChat

FF OEM exhaust valves

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by HBstig, Jan 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    Is there a way to have them remain open at all times?

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yes with a remote ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    Where do I get the remote from?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    I thought they stay open in Sport mode.

5. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    No, one needs to install a module that allows to override the OEM valve handling. Novitec and a few other. I think there is someone on this forum that manufactures something a bit more cheap with the same end result.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

It opens if u punch the pedal or at 3/4 rpm depending on mode.
    Reste from capristo is 650 ans
    The forza one like 450.
    I think it’s 2/3hours of labour on top of that to install.

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Get the Capristo valve controller. No need to pay what Novi wants for the Switchtronic. The quality of the Capristo unit is stellar and it's a well proven product.

Where are you located?

8. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    I am in Huntington Beach, CA.

9. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    Do you remember who is it?

10. Natkingcolebasket69

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Had a buddy try and install a Forza on a Lusso. Threw a code and did not work. Dealer then tried on an FF. Same result. The Capristo works and is not that expensive.

13. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Interesting...it’s all relative though 650 for a remote plus labour...not cheap though

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Well, true. But the labour is the same on both systems. So the difference is just shy of 300 usd. If we look at how much we spend on these cars in general, I think the reliability of the product etc. takes priority. I've generally been a fan of the Forza controller, but after that experience, I can't recommend them for the Lusso and FF. Also, having handled all the components of both system, I personally feel that the Capristo is of a higher quality.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Makes sense... I personally don’t recommend capristo exhaust for the FF , just the x pipe. The muffler sounds is not good but the quality is. I like IpE and FI better for the price.
    Personally the remote I don’t like it. I rather have a tune that opens them in sport. It’s more expensive but feels more
    Ferrari like to me.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That's cool:) I think the problem with that is, that you don't have the option of keeping them in Audo mode in Sport then. I like it because I think there are situations where it's great to be in Sport, but not have it on full loud. If you reprogram it so that Sport opens them, then you're kind of in a situation where Sport could become "unusable", so to speak.

I would love to see if this could be fitted to a Pista. I think it looks pretty cool:)
    https://www.tubistyle.it/tubi-style-valvetronic-exhaust-control-unit-with-by-pass-valves-drive-your-sound/?lang=en

18. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s true !
    I don’t think stock is too much if always on though? Maybe with a novi or other loud options?

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It really depends on what you want. It would be great cruising along for a roadtrip in Sport but keeping the car quiet. If I were to drive an FF or Lusso from say Copenhagen to Rome or something like that, it would help a lot in terms of fatigue. It does get a bit more noisy and droning once the valves are open. If you're behind the wheel for 7 hours for instance, then a bit of silence can be a great thing:)

And like I have said before, I like the idea of sometimes being the courteous guy in the Ferrari not annoying the world with the noise - and sometimes I truly enjoy living up to some of the stereotypes and preconceptions other people have lol:D

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I had the Forza on my 599 and just had it installed on my 458. Works great and you need to order the correct unit for the car. The Forza website will recommend the correct one. $600 to install at the dealer.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I will like to add that I was in contact with Steve prior to the install. The unit we had issues with on both the FF and Lusso, was a B4 unit initially purchased for a 488 Spider, and Steve said it would work fine, but we could not get it to work.

22. Outrun

Outrun Karting

I have the Capristo remote valves and x-pipe as well as Novitec back boxes. Works perfectly.

23. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    X-Pipe - someone could maybe explain the use of that? Is it just sound, or will it give an extra horsepower or something? I do not think I could feel the difference of an X-Pipe on my FF, but who knows?

24. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that X-pipes work best on the V8 models to provide that F1 scream. I suspect that the difference it makes to the V12 is somewhat limited.