LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ale55andr0, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    if they really come up with a NA v12 lightweight formula, then imagine what the xx version of it will look like! less weight than current fxxk, more powerful and NA V12 sound like the enzo fxx.. or 333sp!

2. dido19888

dido19888 Rookie

Jan 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    Have you seen this interview with Gordon Murray? If the answer is no... look at it!!!!
    I know...I know...it's very long but it's very interesting.
    Especially when he exposes his thoughts on electric cars;)

F2003-GA likes this.
  3. dido19888

dido19888 Rookie

Jan 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Maha!!!!!!!!!! Nice video... I love the symphony of this v12... These machines are works of art.:)
    the Aston Martin, for me, has moved the battlefield, because it's changed the philosophy of hypercars thanks to the genius of Adrian Newey and his staff.
    As I said before, for me would be fantastic to see a Ferrari hypercar with the philosophy of an F1 car.
    But let's not have any illusions... it will be very difficult because it is very expensive to design and build a car of that type.
    In fact AM (before Lawrence Stroll's investment) was in financial difficulties because of the huge funds that the Valkyrie project required.
    Perhaps this type of car will have a future if it brings great revenue, perhaps through participation in the endurance Championship that in 2021 will change the rules.

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not really. The entire AM business has been in a dire state for most of its existence.

Ferrari always invest heavily in their halo models, cost won't be an issue.

5. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    But Ferrari is the type of company for a last hurrah of the NA cars. An hybridless LaF alone would be a dream, just imagine an even better NA engine and less weight. Literally the car that every single petrol head will want in their collection. Ferrari knows very well how much money is being spent on the classic market in detriment of buying the new stuff.

F2003-GA and grab it like this.
  6. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    But Ferrari is the type of company for a last hurrah of the NA cars. An hybridless LaF alone would be a dream, just imagine an even better NA engine and less weight. Literally the car that every single petrol head will want in their collection. Ferrari knows very well how much money is being spent on the classic market in detriment of buying the new stuff.

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I think the chances of the new halo being NA and without hybrid/electric system are naught. Ferrari said they only produce a new halo car when there is substantial new tech to showcase so be ready for a full electric.

werewolf likes this.
  8. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    #108 maha, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    recent ferrari patents related to EVs and hybrids. these are new.. not the old patents shared here

9. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    and of course new v12

Attached Files:

10. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    all the (brand) new street legal Ferrari models will be hybrid. There won't be a new v12, of course. The future will be V6 and V8. V12 for the not street legal cars or very limited numbered productions. It's easier that the new LaF will be full electric rather than only with a new V12!

ciao

11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    If you are right so the brand is doomed.
    I strongly believe the opposite ( new V12 and a mix between hybrids cars and non hybrid cars range )

12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I hope the same as you, but the actual flagship is an Hybrid model (the SF90), Formula 1 car is hybrid, actual hypercar is hybrid, so I don't see why the next one shouldn't be hybrid

Ciao

13. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    we know that you possess lots of insider knowledge regarding ferrari but are you sure of no new v12 ferrari engine? or it's your own hypothesis?. it's obvious that there may be no "regular" v12 ferraris but it may be used as you suggested for limited edition ferraris. ferrari's flagship hypercar tends to show its technological advances; what if it shows it's V12 supremacy. i don't think v12 is so untechnological. and may be all EV versions will be categorized differently.

14. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I have no info about a new V12, but this doesn't mean there won't be a new one. All what I wrote is my own idea and no more.

Ciao

15. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I thought Ferrari filed a patent for a new V12.

16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I think that patent you are talking about is for a generic internal combustion engine and not only for a V12 engine.

Ciao

17. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #117 Igor Ound, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  18. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Will the fxxk version sound better than the road legal version because it does not have to follow noise regulations?

19. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    God no !!!
    I hope Ferrari never go there. If you want electric stuff, go buy a Prius.
    The replacement should pack a NA V12 that gives out the maximum possible HP output, it should have no electric stuff whatsoever and it should weigh as less as possible.
    Something with around 1000 HP and a weight of 1000 kg would be ideal. And with a central driving position. Ferrari made such a car in the past, they should do it again.

20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  21. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  22. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT