NFL 2019 | Page 155 | FerrariChat

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Someone updates Tecmo Bowl stats every season and this guy plays it on computer vs computer with the two SB teams. Kinda fun.

2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    :D
    Can I bet you on that?
    My bet is you are correct...

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sure. Need some life in this thread! This two weeks to the Super Bowl is dumb...T

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks for your help Tom, but no thanks. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid. :D
    The FF, that's why I bought it, it's the winter car. The 612 is in storage until spring.

Actually, Whiskey has given me an idea.

Last year I drove down to RI to place a bet on the Patriots. While I was there I decided to put $100 on a prop bet. There was a 50ish number for the rushing yards by Melvin Gordon. I was sure they were hiding the extent of his knee injury, so I took the under. He ran for about 30 yards, bingo!

I hadn't planned to bet on the SB since the Pats aren't in it, but with a 74.5 o/u on Mostert, I may take a ride down there and bet the under.

tomc likes this.
  5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Not to be too nosy, but how much does one win with one of these crazy exotic bets?
    T

6. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Inspite of losing $2mm last bet, Mattress Mack has put another $1mm down on San Fran.

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Mattress Mack?!? Is that our new code name for Paul?
    T

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Simple, you bet whatever amount you like (there will be a minimum, you can't bet 5 cents) plus a 10% vigorish (just called "the vig").

So for example, if you wanted to bet $100, you would pay $110. If you win, you get your $110 back plus the $100 you won. If you lose, you lose $110.

So for example if Whiskey bets $1,000,000 on Mostert to run for over 74.5 yards, he actually hands over $1,100,000 to place the bet. I think Mostert won't run over 74.5 so I place a $1,000,000 bet costing me $1,100,000.

As I predicted, Mostert doesn't even run for 50 yards, so I win the bet. The bookmaker keeps all of Whiskey's $1,100,000 since he lost. He gives me my $1,100,000 back, plus the $1,000,000 that I won. The bookmaker pockets the extra $100,000 in vig that Whiskey paid.

Of course in the very unlikely event that Mostert runs for 75+ yards, Whiskey wins and I lose! :)

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    OK, not to get too esoteric on you Tom, there would be a really interesting play for Whiskey if I accepted a bet from him using an over/under of 50 yards on Mostert. This scenario happens from time to time when there is a disparity in the lines.

Let's say I bet Whiskey $100 that Mostert wouldn't run over 50 yards, so Whiskey is betting it will be OVER 50 yards. Then Whiskey goes to his bookmaker (legal of course :)) who has a line of 74.5 and he bets $100 that Mostert will be UNDER 74.5 yards. So here are the scenarios -

Mostert runs for 20 yards- Whiskey loses to me, but he wins the bet with the bookmaker and breaks even, he does lose his 10% vig so -$10

Mostert runs for 150 yards- Whiskey wins his bet with me, but loses his bet with the bookmaker and breaks even, again he does lose his 10% vig so -$10

HOWEVER, Mostert runs for 65 yards (or any number from 51 to 74)- Whiskey wins his bet with me AND he wins his bet with the bookmaker, so he wins $200 basically risk free! :D

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^Dang, that is like a PhD in betting-ology with a Masters in gambling-ometry! That's why when I go to Vegas, I stick to restaurants and Tiffany's. I know I'm leaving with less money than I went in with...T

11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    What's Tiffany's? Is that where Al Bundy would go for "entertainment"?

12. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    If you're married, your wife might hate you. ;)

13. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I saw that Vegas announced that bet, but didn't say who it was.

14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Srsly, pages over bickering about prop bets and how many yards Surfer Boi is going to get (over 50 BTW)...Sunday 630p EST can't come soon enough.

15. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This has nothing to do with football except that the commercial is going to debut during the SB. As a Bostonian I can tell you it is wicked pissah! :D

16. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I agree, all I was going to bet is Mostert will get over 50 yards. Over 75? dunno, I would not bet it, but that
    doesn't mean I don't think he will do it, he is kinda fast, all he has to do is rip off a 30-35 yard run...

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well part of my thinking is word seems to be that Coleman will be good to go. If so, that will be fewer carries for Mostert.

Te other if, and it is a big if, is if KC gets off to a fast start, SF won't be able to do a lot of running the ball.

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I thought I saw this last night.maybe YouTube, since I don't watch TV?!?
    T

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I forget which comedian said it, but if you name your daughter Tiffany, you're pretty much guaranteeing she's gonna grow up to be a stripper.
    T

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I vaguely recall that in addition to the last two playoff games that KC fell behind in a few other games. I gotta think Andy Reid is emphasizing this week that they need to come out of the box strong. If they fall behind to SF early, I think the Niners bury them...T

21. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    No, that was The Jiggly Room.

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc and Nospinzone like this.
  22. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sunday cannot come fast enough

23. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hey, calm down! January just started and it's already over!! ;)

So, yesterday was Dusty Baker's introductory press conference with the Astros yesterday. And it went really well and seemed truly genuine. Not any coach speak. Which means the guys on the radio decided to go back to Bill O'Briens intro presser. It's pretty interesting. Definite bullshitter.

AceMaster likes this.
  24. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  25. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC