Anyone wish they'd gotten a Lusso T instead of a Lusso or vice versa? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone wish they'd gotten a Lusso T instead of a Lusso or vice versa?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by sisiay, Jan 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    This thread makes me want a V12 Lusso

Autolove, rampante550, sisiay and 2 others like this.
  2. sisiay

sisiay Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2019
    Encinitas, CA
    Thanks for that perspective. And $20k is pretty much what I’m seeing, if not less.

The search has been narrowed!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

FerrariTexas, SAFE4NOW and dustman like this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Patiently waiting for a v12 Lusso.

4. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    To me there was zero thought. None. V12....The sound. The glorious sound....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maloja, Autolove, sisiay and 2 others like this.
  5. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    The problem that I have, and that is maybe just me, the interior of Lusso and 488 and newer is not Ferrari enough anymore. If you take the horse off, it has the appearance of a modern Lexus. 430, 360 F12 and FF, maybe even the 458. You look in it, its 100percent Ferrari.
    I agree on the 4WD thing, but lets be honest. The FF is not ment to be for the track and cornering either. I used to had a GT3, there is maybe the scuderia eye one eye...

Anyway, I'm glad everyone has a different opinion. Lusso for me is not Ferrari enough anymore, no matter what the costs are

Elasto and sisiay like this.
  6. RealityCheque

RealityCheque Rookie

Aug 13, 2017
    Naples
    Full Name:
    Alex Brisbourne
    Everyone will confirm low end is better on the T (and it’s a great engine), but nothing compares with the V12 to drive and own. That start up howl is special! Slightly inferior fuel consumption which at CA prices isn’t trivial but heck, it’s the worlds most deceiving daily driver. Truly 4 seats, truly space for bags, and doesn’t ‘shout Ferrari’ at others, which can sometimes be useful. FF vs Lusso is interesting. FF gets you in to learn the ropes at least 60-70k less and resales are plateauing. I personally prefer the interior of FF as I dislike the huge air vents on Lusso, but very sensitive to color choices. 4WD is helpful in wet, so don’t dismiss this benefit. My ‘15 FF (with extended factory warranty) has been utterly faultless as a daily replacement for my departed M-B S600. These comments are after having both Lusso’s on loan when I was going to upgrade last year, but decided there was too little to bother changing now and have put my savings toward my GTS order!

FerrariTexas, Manda racing and sisiay like this.
  7. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    It makes me want an 812 GTS ;)

8. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    According the sales guy at Ferrari SF, "Lussos have already plateaued and wont be getting much lower"...........ooooook!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. sisiay

sisiay Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2019
    Encinitas, CA
    Ha! I'm guessing he didn't give that to you in writing.

dustman likes this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Your thoughts on the interior are really interesting. I like both the 458 and 488 very much. Somehow, the FF and F12 interior never really worked for me. Not entirely sure what makes a Ferrari interior a Ferrari interior. Somehow when I get into an 812 or Lusso, for some odd reason I feel cocooned in the same comforting way the interior of a 550 does - it calms me and pleases me. For me, the Lusso and 812 interior is somehow more Ferrari that the FF and F12. None of the new interiors being it a 550, FF, F12, F430 or what ever, does not make me feel like a 250 GTE for example does. So what is a Ferrari interior? For me, the 488, 812 and Lusso works great, so I suppose it's just a subjective feeling. The 488 thrills me, the Lusso pampers me and sedates me, and the 812 just leaves me randy and begging for more:)

11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I love the Lusso interior, feel the FF is just too dated for my preferences. But what do I know...I am hunting down a CS currently!

sampelligrino and of2worlds like this.
  12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    :cool::cool::cool:

VIN: ZFFDU57A140139725
    Year: 2004
    Ext. color: Mexico Blue
    Int. color: Black alcantara
    Stripe: Yes (factory)
    Shields: Yes
    Lexan windows: No
    Radio: Yes
    Rollbar: No
    Fire extinguisher: ???
    Additional info: yellow calipers, color "Extracampionario", paint color upon sample, blue stitching color 0825, delivered in 2007

Image Unavailable, Please Login

out there somewhere...

randkin, Caeruleus11, sisiay and 2 others like this.
  13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    This is THE CS I want the most but have had no luck tracking down. Think you know why I like it...!

of2worlds likes this.
  14. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    That CS unicorn is local in LA, a friend of mine has seen it a couple times in the South Bay area

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Kimani williams

Jan 9, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Kimani williams
    I just got a 2015 FF and love it. I drove it everyday without any issues. You can go wrong for the prices they are now. Plus it was designed by Pininfarina and they didn’t design the Lusso.

Manda racing likes this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I think that blue Stradale appeared in a comparison test with a black 430 Scuderia some years ago in Forza magazine. Maybe the Forza editor can help regarding that Stradale owner?
    The original owner had no interest in selling and some time later however the blue Stradale was sold as I recall. Many were interested in buying that Stradale when it first appeared at the old Crystal Cove car show?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Holy carp, that's epic!
    T

of2worlds likes this.
  18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The blue Stradale was featured in the comparison article I mentioned in the April 2009 Forza magazine. Zachary Mayne was the author and photographer of the article.

19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Seeing as how you own my former Speciale...can you connect me with the owner of the blue CS?

of2worlds likes this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    the guy from the 400 page CS Market thread called stokpro probably knows the owner of that blue Stradale.

21. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Lol the Speciale doesn't help me or you know who owns the blue CS, I have no connection to that car or car's owner. But let me ask my friend as a way of saying thanks and God bless you sincerely for deciding to sell this car. What did you replace her with/sell it for?

22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Gracias. See profile pic.

sisiay likes this.
  23. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    This is a car you buy because you crave it. It's not a decision you make with reason. You want to get the thing that really gets you excited. If you go with the V8 and deep inside you wanted the V12, I can guarantee you that you will be thinking of that V12 for every single minute you drive the V8. And you can really say the V12 lacks torque either;).

Caeruleus11 and sisiay like this.
  24. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    My dealer also confirmed Lusso prices are as low as he thinks they will go especially in the UK where Brexit and the Hung parliament has caused the market to stall slightly. Now it's over and the flood gates of pent up spending are opening the prices will harden as it appears there will be no direct replacement. Let's face it, any new model with a V12 will be £300k plus so FFs will look very cheap and the Lusso will represent the last of the true V12 GT.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    So? They also designed the Hyundai Matrix...
    Objectively the FF is not better looking, just different. Don't let the Pinin badge blind you for the advantages of the Lusso over the FF.
    The FF is great, enjoy.

Jas, Radu, Caeruleus11 and 1 other person like this.