Will Taylor Made take more time than a regular order? | FerrariChat

Will Taylor Made take more time than a regular order?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by gowthamn, Jan 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Once an allocation is confirmed, will Taylor made 812 builds take 6 to 12 months more time than regular orders? I heard the regular 812 Superfast builds take 8 to 10 months to build And TM will delay it by further 6 to 12 months.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Based on what multiple members have reported, TM builds typically take longer than standard specifications.
    It stands to reason that the greater complexity in materials or personalization, the greater the delay.
    Are you doing a tailor made build? Would love to see the spec. It’s cool to see what new approaches people take.

3. Foxmod

Foxmod Karting

Jun 17, 2012
    Midlands, UK
    Full Name:
    David
    I was at the factory April 2019, signed off my final spec at the dealer in June of 2019, still waiting to see any moving on my status.... still on "waiting list"

of2worlds and gowthamn like this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Who's Taylor?

Yes a Tailor Made car will take longer, sometimes a lot longer. It really depends on your spec. Sometimes they need to spend a lot of time testing custom materials for fire safety, wear characteristics and so on. Some TM cars have been 2-3 years in production. This is not the norm, but I would say easlly 4-6 months longer. But again, it depends. A lot of options have already been done and what is available in TM is huge, so people rarely add something entirely new these days.

Caeruleus11, Nospinzone and gowthamn like this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Have your dealer asked for it to be put on R10?

Foxmod likes this.
  6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I think they will push it through fairly quickly. Before September would be my guess.

7. Foxmod

Foxmod Karting

Jun 17, 2012
    Midlands, UK
    Full Name:
    David
    I'll reach out and report back, here is the final spec as per the factory visit, posted it on here before :) Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bundy, NürScud, bluesea and 5 others like this.
  8. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Beautiful. Any interior pics?

9. Foxmod

Foxmod Karting

Jun 17, 2012
    Midlands, UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Bundy, NürScud, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The timing seems about right. I'd assume it adds a year. It could be less or more, but a year is a safe assumption. If you really love doing your own spec, then there is nothing better. Its well worth it!

Bundy, of2worlds, gowthamn and 2 others like this.
  11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Mine took more than 12 months extra.

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    They often do. We had a guy here and his Lusso is going beyond 24 months in March. He specced it in March 2017, and is still waiting.
    I think he ordered like 500k Euro worth of extras...

BrntRubber, Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    that's a lot of fish!:)

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yep:D

Even the guys at our dealer is unsure as to how it became to be like that. But rumour has it that a higher-up in Maranello contacted the GM and said that one of the most unique and beautiful front engined V12 cars they have seen in a long time was now on order. So everybody is apparently really stoked about it, and yet very few know exactly what the spec is. All everyone knows is that the car has special options totalling 1,5 times the base price of the car lol. Looking forward to see it:)

Bundy, bwshihtzu and of2worlds like this.
  15. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Hope to see some pics of that. I am looking for 812 Superfast Tailor Made ideas. My 812 SF allocation is confirmed. TM is almost confirmed.

Caeruleus11 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm sure I or someone else will post at some point if possible. But when, I have no idea. Heck, maybe it will be delivered directly and it will not be put on display at the dealers.
    A bit in the same boat as you. Buddy of mine is doing TM for an 812 GTS soon, and we're both twisting our brains for good ideas. I'm pushing for Rosso Maranello with Agento Nür 16M style stripe and pinstripe accents. Was also thinking Blu Le Mans with Avorio stripe and accents, or Verde Zeltweig with Oro twin stipes

gowthamn likes this.
  17. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Also, when do we have to pay for the car fully? At the time of specking the car or during delivery?

18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure about TM as I've never paid for a TM spec. From what I gather, you pay the initial deposit, and then some time after speccing a bill shows up. It sometimes takes some time for a price to be determined depending on what has to be done. With TM, the total cost can sometimes only be calculated late in the build process.

19. Foxmod

Foxmod Karting

Jun 17, 2012
    Midlands, UK
    Full Name:
    David
    For me only the deposit has been paid, I pay the final amount when I pick the car up

gowthamn and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  20. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  21. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    I can’t wait to see that car!

bwshihtzu likes this.
  22. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Both our 812SF and Pista arrived at the dealer 13-14 months after the TM meetings in Maranello.

23. Foxmod

Foxmod Karting

Jun 17, 2012
    Midlands, UK
    Full Name:
    David
    TM Visit to the factory April 2019, signed off spec June 2019, and I've been told today my car will arrive to the UK dealer May/June time today :)

24. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ha you all got me beat, Maranello February 2019, signed off on month later about.. my car will get here maybe May/June 2020. Just in time for the possible new proposed Canadian 10% luxury tax on cars, boats, RVs above 100k at which point I will consider moving to the Caribbean!

Bundy likes this.
  25. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    In the UK payment is exactly as normal. Just with bigger numbers...!!