355 - Interior | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 Interior

Discussion in '348/355' started by tmmonks, Jan 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Jeff I find it troubling that you refer to the customers of Dave as followers or people who are taken advantage of. They are merely customers that have chosen to pay a little more to get a result that is of a higher standard and that does not make them suckers; they get something for the extra money.

I have had the opportunity to hold both parts done by Sticky RX (Dave) as well as Sticky No More (Robbie). I have no skin in this game but my observations are the following:

Sticky No More:

The parts I held were miles better than sticky OEM bits but no better than I could do at home using a rattle can. The finish was generally smooth and ok with markings being decals applied on the finish but nothing exceptional. The impression I got was that Sticky No More does for me the work I could do myself but just don't feel like doing. On a personal note I would have found the parts unacceptable and had them re-done.

Sticky RX:

The parts I held were of course much better than sticky OEM bits but displayed a level of application and finish that was well beyond anything I could do on my own. Ally that to perfect laser etchings of the markings and you have a process that is well beyond the scope of the DIY. The quality is appreciably better and is the product of a production infrastructure that is very expensive to both purchase and keep running.

I come from a manufacturing and finishes background and can assure you that SNM with their more basic process is a much more profitable enterprise than Sticky RX. Regrettably customers only see the price and don't generally care how much more complex it is to achieve the much higher standard offered by Sticky RX. At the end of the day, irrespective of price, Sticky RX delivers a better quality result. The customer can decide if that better quality is of value to them or not.

MK1044, GTUnit, krazykarguy and 6 others like this.
  2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    it’s not worth weighing-in on the silly debate, so I’ll stick with the OP’s original question. There is no doubt who to turn to for your solution - Dave at StickyRX. Save yourself the frustration and just contact them and you’ll be thrilled with the outcome. When I bought my 355, I had decided to refinish every single part (not just a handful). They will all get sticky eventually, so I decided to just get it done all at once. They look EXACTLY like the factory product and they will never get sticky again. The awards my car earned that proceeded the refurbished sticky parts speaks for itself.

3. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Well Rob, that was a lengthy explanation to a final simple point that I was illustrating.

THIS ISNT ROCKET SCIENCE.

I’ve had 2 cars done by Robbie. My experience was awesome. The end result is awesome. I produce the most advanced guidance systems and Large data transfer systems for a large industry (bigger than automotive) on the face of the earth.

I respect your analysis. I am simply voicing my experience on a thread that asked a question.

Robbie does a great job. Is not an ass hole and I am very happy with his work. It’s that simple.

If certain people want to perpetuate someone’s business fine. But I’m simply stating an honest experience.

Why jam stuff down people’s throats they may not want or need or have a desire to assign good value. ?

4. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Pretty fascinating first post on F-chat.... Post numero uno.... First one.

Fascinating.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ferrarium and Qavion like this.
  5. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Exactly. A not so discreet marketing ploy from The cheese dick himself. sounds like him. Cheesy.

Pis7a2020 likes this.
  6. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you can explain it to me.

My take was some dude waited 8 years before posting....and this was it? WTF?

Is F-Chat easy to hack old accounts?

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  7. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Lol.

I was thinking the same thing!!

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Agreed. Also surprised the moderator doesn’t ban for such hateful comments. This is supposed to be a friendly exchange.

9. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #34 Jon Von Bon, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    No one is hating here. Talking about banning people for expressing their opinions is hate speak so stop it.

We all have choices on our interior guys. There are lots of options.

I’m not taking offence nor is anyone else because someone said “who ever makes a different choice amuses them”.

The group needs to be educated on the options out there. When these threads come up there are many choices out there. Robbies been in business for many years and has done a great job for us and other brands as well as dealers etc...
    I have found him to be a great guy to who is extremely helpful and informative. The guy who previously owned my 355 spent huge dollars on it during his ownership including a full interior refurb (best I’ve ever seen ) and used Sticky No More for the switches and vents and they still look like new.

The 355 forum is a very passionate place and our brothers are a loyal bunch.

Good on us.

Enjoy your choices. There is good value out there that lasts a long time and there is no real need to spend huge bucks. Most of the new guys have been in the business for 5 years or less so we haven’t seen yet what the long term effects of or outcomes of their expensive solutions. Time will tell.

Enjoy in good health.

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    So, referring to someone as a “The cheese dick himself” is just fine to you? Childish. Or, that incredibly repulsive comment you made about Luke’s unfortunate situation that the mods had to amend was just fine? Then again, we’re all so fascinated with your exceptional car.

11. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Listen, I happened to be enjoying the wine with my caribou in Oslo and the words may have been a little strong but my heart was in the right place. Subsequently thanked the mods for the adjustment which was appropriate and mercifully gracious. .

Perhaps you would like to take this to PM if you have a larger beef. Let’s keep things civil my F brother.

I am proud of all my cars. I don’t always buy the best, I have some salvage titled drivers, but I do have some real beauties.

12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #37 Rossocorsa1, Jan 29, 2020
    I would also highly recommend that you consider the source of any recommendations, as well as the quality of the car(s) that the source has. As in anything in life, quality attracts quality. Happy to discuss my experiences offline if you like. Feel free to send me a PM. Best of luck.

13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #38 ylshih, Jan 29, 2020
    Derogatory language referencing other users. Your inability to avoid insulting other users in discussions is the reason why you have a lengthy moderation record. You've had 3 incidents in just as many days.

1) the "dead guy" comment that Andrew kindly fixed for you
    2) implying another user is a "dick" and "real funking idiots too who couldn’t get laid in a women’s prison with a fist full of pardons."
    3) calling the first time OP of a thread, who you took to be an ex-user who you've had disagreements with, a "cheese dick".

60-day ban.

You need to report posts you find objectionable, otherwise 90% of the time it will not have been seen. Do you think we read every one of the thousands and thousands of posts made every day?

GTUnit and kenneyd like this.
  14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    You need to report posts you find objectionable, otherwise 90% of the time it will not have been seen. Do you think we read every one of the thousands and thousands of posts made every day?

Fair enough. You’re correct. Regardless, I’m done with this thread and exchanging with certain individuals. Thank you.

15. rick canton

rick canton Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    rick canton
    Interesting thread. Watching for a while I found Mr. JVB interesting. Like Donald Trump. I liked his posts.

16. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    IP check mods :cool:

BOKE and WATSON like this.
  17. rick canton

rick canton Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    rick canton
    It seems like you are some kind of hit job guy. Sorry to sound weird but you seem very close and bias. I am very interested in a 355. I will have to buy a cheap one so will likely need some work. I would like to know the best guys out there to help.

18. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    @rick canton has been permabanned for being a duplicate registration on @Jon Von Bon.

The 60-day ban applied to JVB by @ylshih has been doubled by me to 120 days for this circumvention of moderation.

All the best,
    Andrew.

GTUnit, BOKE and JAM1 like this.
  19. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    BOKE, Cigarzman, GerryD and 3 others like this.
  20. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

Attached Files:

• ns.jpg
      ns.jpg
      File size:
      65.8 KB