Paris | FerrariChat

Paris

Discussion in 'Travel' started by A348W, Jan 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Hi All,

Looking for suggestions. Daughter wants to go to Paris for her 16th this summer! So looking for suggestions of best area to stay in. We will do the Eiffel tower/Louvre/shopping etc, so north/south of the river/particular area?

Probably after an apartment as she wants to bring her boyfriend so we need 3 rooms...or some earplugs and a pack of condoms which isn't happening! (Yeah I know double standards!)

Last time I was in Paris was when I was her age, so no relevant intel from me!

Much appreciated peoples ideas.

Nicolas21 likes this.
  2. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    We spend lots of time in Paris each year (in fact I’m here right now) and we always rent an apartment from:

www.parisperfect.com

Unlike airbnb and other sites, Paris Perfect owns about 100 apartments of various sizes in an assortment of neighborhoods (we like the 7th Arrondissement on the Left Bank the best).

The Paris Perfect apartments are impeccably clean, well-equipped and beautifully decorated. The cost of a two-bath, two-bedroom flat is comparable to a nice hotel room.

PM me with particular questions and I’ll try to help.

Alan
    N.J. & Paris

chris0315 likes this.
  3. w.Hudkins

w.Hudkins Karting

May 16, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    William Todd Hudkins
    Hey Alan, we spend a lot of time in Paris too, arrive this Sunday, for retromobile, is the metro running? Lots of strikes with transportation. Thanks!

4. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    William:

The strikes have been spotty and sporadic recently and we haven’t had much trouble getting around. Most bus lines and many of the metros are running normally.

The city itself is kind of quiet...a combination of the strikes, the corona-virus scare and it being the dead of winter. Few hoards of slow-walking tourists. It’s pretty easy to get a table at many good restaurants, even as a walk-in. The weather has been mild...high 40’s and usually dry. It’s a great time to be here.

Enjoy Retro...it’s quite a scene!

safe travels,
    Alan

5. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Hello,

Now it seems to be good,but as a French I can say it is always complicated with the transportation in Paris :D:D
    Have a nice trip !!! :);)

Zaza likes this.
  6. w.Hudkins

w.Hudkins Karting

May 16, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    William Todd Hudkins
    Thanks! We always enjoy retro!

Nicolas21 likes this.