360 - CS Exhaust - Finally Installed! | FerrariChat

360 CS Exhaust - Finally Installed!

Discussion in '360/430' started by one4torque, Jan 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    After 18 mo's of sitting in a box, I finally installed my new exhaust system:

Aftermarket Headers.
    Fab speed header blankets.
    Aftermarket cat pipes with 200 cel cats. Wrapped for heat mgt.
    Challenge Stradale muffler system.

You don't really realize how something will sound until you hear it first hand...... after driving this car 100% stock for 18 mo's and 2k miles...... the new ex system totally changes the character of this car.

The cold start is just lovely!

Need to bleed brakes, wire- up my rear camera, and wire up my console button for sport ex mode (w/ forza controller), then re-install rear wheel tubs..... then rear bumper.... then I get to test drive!

I am very pleased.

Will post up my CEL issues..... if I get any.... so far nothing at all with multiple starts. But no driving yet.

I have some of the little o2 sensor mini-cats coming... then the last step will be to tune out the cel if the mini-cat's don't resolve an issue. My car is a late 2000 early 2001.... so we'll see.

Vegas CS, RANDY6005 and kes7u like this.
  2. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Video or it didn't happen

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

one4torque likes this.
  3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
  4. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    18 months...damn, you've got more patience than me! I'm lucky if I wait 18 minutes....then I spend 18 hours looking for that one wrench....

Congrats and I'm betting you will love it!

E60 M5 and one4torque like this.
  5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Warm start -

this will be avail 7:30PM CST.......

kes7u likes this.
  6. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Says video is private

7. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    It's 6:55 pm CST....

8. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    we'll see if it works @ 7:15PM...... pardon the cheesy suspense.... I should be a u toober.... selling shirts..... and my soul :)

02360spider likes this.
  9. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Both Vids work.

Interesting to see the diff between warm/cold starts. Those valves really make a difference... straight pipe vs thru muff.

So far love the sound. Can't wait for first drive.

The fab speed header blankets really put out the smoke. Will do a few more heat cycles.. and re tq the header bolts.
    Hopefully the smoke goes away!

10. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    The CS Exhaust is the best option for the 360 Modena due to the valve system !!
    Any other aftermarket exhaust I have tried, including the Tubi, vibrates and resonates too much in traffic especially at idle and you get a headache after 30 mins of driving... I kept the Tubi only for 1 month and sold it...
    I decided to keep stock exhaust, because I am afraid the CS system over time will damage my hearing... (I have very sensitive hearing and in my family there is a tendency to lose hearing at older age..)
    Nevertheless, you made the right choice of exhaust !! So enjoy !!!

one4torque likes this.
  11. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Sounds amazing

one4torque likes this.
  12. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That sounds awesome

one4torque likes this.
  13. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Sounds fantastic !! removing the stock headers and the stock cats and stock muffler you must have just saved between 50 to 75 pounds my guess . Makes a huge deference in engine bay heat as well you will be happy about after a long drive. Thought about doing the fabspeed headers blankets as well, there 1400.00 bucks I thought was kinda high still thinking about. Or just have them ceramic coated or jet coated let see how yours work out .

one4torque likes this.
  14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Randy— trust me I tried to avoid the 1400 blankets.... but after I installed the header wrap to the polished ss headers... in my opinion the wrap would not stay tight over time. To be honest the blankets are the best elegant engineered solution.

now for the smoke show to burn off and it’s time for a test drive

15. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    I thought about header wraps as well but after researching it for awhile, I heard the same thing as well and they do not last for long as well .

16. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Can’t wait to see/hear this in person Jeff! On a sidenote, how old are your mass airflow sensor’s?

17. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Thx brook - the cold start was after sitting and after a battery off / on.... I'll go through the battery on procedures to adaptations.... and go from there...…
    but yeah might need to buy some! they are only 10 mo old.... so hopefully not.

18. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Nah....10 months old, you're good.

Let's get this thing on the road!
    Lemme know of you need a hand!

RANDY6005 and one4torque like this.
  19. redcarz

redcarz Rookie

Apr 17, 2007
    great job,,,,drove my 360 with factory tubi when i first got the car, i couldnt believe how quiet it was compared to the 355 i had with tubi, had sport pipes installed and cats removed,,, sounded alot nicer but still to tame ,,,,,after about a year had cs exaust installed with open valves,,,,,, its ridiculous,,,,,, i love it , neighbors hate it, my wife says she can hear me on the highway 2 miles from home !!!

20. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    From a distance they sound just like ricer motorcycles so maybe people annoyed by sound will complain about the loud motorcycles and not your car.

brookliner7 and one4torque like this.
  21. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Ital—. Funny stuff!

22. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    Wow so glad I randomly found your profile on here! I have a 360CS and have been trying to figure out how it will sound with the fabspeed headers, highflow cats and stock exhaust. You are literally the only videos on youtube with that combo!
    Can you post some more videos of it?
    I already have the fabspeed headers waiting to be installed, just keep hesitating because I don't want it to negatively impact how the car sounds being 4-1 vs 4-2-1.

23. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Carbon-

I put the stock cat pipe back on after the start vids. But I’m keeping them for the future. I’m moving soon and don’t know if my new neighbors are shall we say .... car people!

my vid is top speed am headers plus 200 cell pipes plus cs. The cold start and idle are ferocious.

I drove it straight to my friends shop for paint correction... but that single drive was superb. Not too loud by any means

Since all the sound goes out the rear you Need extra loud ex to hear it in the cabin of the Modena.

gl!

CarbonDan likes this.
  24. gphodge

gphodge Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2010
    Washington
    I had a Kreissieg Valvetronic Super Howling Catback X-pipe on my 02 360 Modena when I owned it and loved the sound of it, took a friend for a ride in it one day and switched the toggle switch and took it for a spirited drive. He commented later that it sounded like metal getting tortured and he loved it, the exhaust note rattles and F1 sound and such. The only draw back was the occasional CEL you would get after awhile.

one4torque likes this.