my (new to me) FF has landed | FerrariChat

my (new to me) FF has landed

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by chris0315, Jan 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Flea7, 350MH83, johnr265 and 16 others like this.
  2. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Very nice! I have had a great sales experience (from Houston over email) with Kat @ Continental! I hope your experience was also positive!

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats and I wish you good luck with it! What color is the exterior?

Wait til you drive it to Dusseldorf. :D

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Congrats. May your smile always remain that big when you're in your Ferrari...T

chris0315 likes this.
  5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations!

chris0315 likes this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Love it!

chris0315 likes this.
  7. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Right, she is awesome! Will definitely come back for the Scud when the time is right...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

That’s my baby back home in the old world. Perfect for our Euro trips.

back to the FF,

The color is Grigio FF. Originally I wanted Grigio silverstone. However, 2nd hand is 2nd hand. I love the interior so much. The toscana is simply a dream.
    I definitely wont be bored the next few weeks. Wife is 7th month pregnant and I want to be back on swim-bike-run soon as well.

After checking out today whats going on, my to do list is about to explode as well:

1. X-pipe plus remote
    2. I need different wheels. I’m not ready to push 10k for HRE but I want something darker or dark gold. Maybe 20 front 21 back? Anyone recommendations?
    3. Sticky buttons. The roof panel is awful. The turn signals as well. Not sure if I can take them out but that’s like next chapter for sure.
    4. The panel above the 3rd brake light is loose. Anyone an idea how I can take that down? It’s obviously fixed with a Velcro, one of the Velcro’s is loose. I wanted to take it down and check what’s underneath...
    5. Battery charger. Is there any other option to charge other than squeezing the cable in when trunk is close or how do you guys manage that? Alternatively I have to take the trunk lights out. Not sure if that is too much...

Next week will be cleaning and ceramic coating. So far so good. I’m very impressed about the car. Ive owned Porsches for the last 15 years. The FF, especially the 12 Cylinder sound is a whole different animal.

Cheers,

8. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    Congratulations very nice car

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. mfr456

mfr456 Karting

May 3, 2015
    Melbourne
    congrat,
    you can remove the stickynes with dunlop freyboard 65. some effort but worked for me!
    good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

chris0315 likes this.
  10. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations

chris0315 likes this.
  11. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    I'll give it a try. Always wondered if there is no better option than stick rx and stuff.
    It's not only the price point, it takes weeks to get the parts back. I'll report how it works out.
    Also, is there anywhere a good description on how to disassemble parts of the interior? Don't want to break anything.

Thanks again

Sent from my Pixel 3 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    HBstig likes this.
  13. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Still need some help with wheels

I'd love to go with HRE but not willing to push 15k.
    Vorsteiner V-FF 101 is in the game as well, wheelset is like 2800
    Anything else to consider?
    I'd love to have darker wheels and I'm looking at dark tail lights but can't find anything useful. The 3k novitechs obviously have design flaws. Is there any alternative out there? In addition, I'm looking at blacking out everything outside that's chrome. Any advice on that?

Thx

HBstig likes this.
  14. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
  15. HBstig

HBstig Karting

Nov 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    HBstig
    I emailed Brixton and ADV1 yesterday so stay tuned. I can update you.
    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    For the wheels you can always power-coat your existing wheels any color you like... There are a number of authentic Ferrari colors that are darker you could try for the wheels as well.

Tail lights - I like the look of darker lights as well, however be careful. If you live in a state that assigns fault and get rear-ended they can assign fault to you because you modified the original tail lights to be less visible.

17. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    Not looking for spray can. Is novitech the only one making them? And from what I understand, they stopped making them due to electronic failures.

18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    in 20 yrs of owning and looking at ferraris ive never seen it this bad, and my ff is a 2012 and has zero sticky issues.

all the same, congrats!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  19. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    trust me, I ve seen in the summer a handful of 430 Scuds, same level!!

20. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hope the dealer offered some discounts based on that. My 2012 has 35k miles and inside aside the « r »
    Button fading it has none of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    sure thing, I knew what I had in front of me! I much rather do it myself instead of paying more -and than redo it anyway

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Look into Frogeline. They are still on the pricey side of things, but not HRE pricing, and they are very much on the same quality level. Considering the car you're planning to put them on, I'd aim a bit higher. Vorsteiner would be fine for your average BMW M or the like, but I think the look, fit and finish leaves something to be desired for a Ferrari. My brother had those F-FF101 on a Merc W212, and by all means, they are nice for what they are, just nothing like high end forged wheels.

These you can get into for a total of 7500-8000. Still a lot, but not HRE money.

These in 9 x 20 front and 11 x 20 rear
    https://forgeline.com/wheel/vx1r#0

https://forgeline.com/wheel/ga1r

Forgeline have two colours that might interest you. Translucent Smoke Powdercoat and Translucent Dark Smoke Powdercoat. They give the wheels that dark grey finish many like, but with a kind of rich depth to them due to the colour being translucent on brushed aluminium.

23. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    thanks for the input,
    I went with F12 in glossy black. Ordered the spacers for the back 15 mm as well. hopefully everything is in for the weekend.
    Lets get excited!!

24. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Hard to understand why Ferrari has been unwilling to fix the source of known issues like those sticky parts. I can't imagine it will be that difficult for them to request a different manufacturing method from the parts supplier. If they're unwilling to do even that, it's no wonder they don't want to tackle way more tricky things like the PTU.

chris0315 likes this.