458 - 458 Build/Options Sheet - Is it Available? | FerrariChat

458 458 Build/Options Sheet - Is it Available?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rexcat458, Jan 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello to the group,

I was lucky enough to get the original window sticker on my 2015 458 Italia when I purchased it last month. In addition to the standard equipment, numerous options are itemized (additional $30k worth) and a supplemental line item for “Other Options” (additional $28k worth).

Is there any way to learn what these “other options” represent? Does Ferrari provide build sheets or something similar that shows every option that was included? It sure would be nice to know! Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Cheers in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You can reach out to the original selling dealer on the window sticker, they should be able to help with that.

3. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Never seen that before, how accurate is it?

4. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    For the Ferrari 458, Monroney label displays the following:

This vehicle manufacturer must be manually or self-decoded.

• We will show you what options were originally available on the vehicle.
    • In order to print a Monroney label, you must check packages or options manually by visually inspecting the vehicle.

We are currently working with this marque to get all factory option packages and equipment.

5. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Modis system. Any authorized dealer can pull the build

GL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This is for a 2013, but it may be the same

Attached Files:

7. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks, I will look into that... Cheers!

8. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Awesome, thanks so much for the assistance. Cheers!

9. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for the heads up! Mercedes has a similar program, but I was not sure if Ferrari had something similar. It would be great to find out what the extra $28k bought the original buyer. Cheers!

10. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks! I found the business card for the original sales associate, so I’m hoping he might be able to look up the file and shed a wee bit of light on the supplemental options. Cheers!

11. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I reread your original post. I realized that you weren't asking for a generic price sheet to show the options. You were more interested in what was included in the itemized stuff on your ACTUAL car. Sorry. Hopefully you can get that from the selling dealer. I'm pretty sure that you can.

12. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Actually any F dealer can run the vin and find out all the options

Carnut likes this.
  13. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    If it's not paint, then likely most carbons. Does ur car have a lot of carbons? What is the MSRP?

14. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I registered with my.ferrari.com and it shows the build sheet for my 458 Spider, as well as service history, etc. i recall the registration being somewhat complicated, but it was a few years ago so things may have changed.

15. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello,

My 2015 458 has some carbon fibre bits, but only a few. The carbon bits include the central bridge, exterior sills, dashboard inserts and the steering wheel. No other carbon bits are on the car... All of these are itemized with their respective costs under the primary “Options” part of the window sticker.

The extra bits I’m looking to define are only shown as a separate line item as “Other Options” for an additional $28k. The paint is Corsa Red, no custom color. Lots of leather lashings including the headliner, perforated leather speaker covers and the central tunnel, but these are itemized under the primary “Options” section. Total MSRP is listed as $303,415.

Thanks and Cheers!

16. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for the information! I’m in the process of registering with my.ferrari.com (it’s still complicated...), but I did not know that they provided all of the specific information you indicated. That’s awesome!!!

Thanks again for your assistance and all of the other posts from Fchat members. Please accept my sincere apologies for so many newbie questions. I know I have a lot to learn.

Cheers!

17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Interesting. Quite high of MSRP without many carbons or expensive paint.

18. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I wish it had the backup camera option, but I did get a suspension lifter... :) Without that, her nose would drag getting into my driveway. The cruise control is awesome! I took an 878 mile one way trip recently and the cruise control made the long drive very easy. I have looked around for a decent backup camera system without much luck. I'm still exploring that pressing need! Cheers!

19. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I use the lifter all the time in my 2014 458 Spider. I have the backup camera and front/rear sensors as well (
    PAC1 - PARKING CAMERA, PAR2 - FRONT AND REAR PARKING SENSOR) and they are pretty worthless. The passenger side mirror lowering in reverse (part of MIH4 - FULL OPTIONAL MIRRORS/HOMELINK) is much more important for backing up than the rear camera.

20. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for your post! I also have the front and rear parking sensors as well, but whilst I’m backing into the car park spot, they are on nonstop because of the tight quarters.

My wife’s 2018 S560 Mercedes-Benz 4Matic land yacht takes up most of the available space in the car park, so I have to thread the needle with a high degree of accuracy.

I have the Homelink, but I’m not sure about the mirror lowering in reverse. I will have to check that out. That’s part of the reason I’m trying to find out all of the options that are on the car. My S-Class Benzes have had the mirror lowering option and it really helps!

How do you enable the mirror lowering function? That would definitely help if she has that option. Thanks again and Cheers!

21. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Exactly, I also park in close quarters (I'm down to five cars in my four car garage), and every single sensor alarm goes off when I back in, even though I can see from my mirrors that I am fine. In addition to MIH4 (mirros) I have full electric seats with memory (RSFE - FULL ELECTRIC SEATS). Check out page 178 of the owner's manual. Basically, put the car in reverse, lower the passenger mirror and save the position, then anytime you go into reverse it should lower to that position:

"With reverse gear engaged, the position of the passenger external rear-view mirror can be adjusted to a position other than the driving position, to help parking manoeuvres. This position can be memorised along with all the other memorisable positions."

of2worlds likes this.
  22. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks so much! I had five cars until a few weeks ago... I sold two of my SClass Benzes to make room for the Ferrari. Down to three now and life is much easier! I also have the full electric seats with heater, but alas no hot stone massage like the Benz.

I will definitely set up the reverse dropping mirror feature... I’m still wading through the owners manuals and I must have missed that one! I’ve driven SClass Benzes for the last thirty-two years and have loved all of them, but they are no Ferrari! Cheers and thanks again for your help!

of2worlds likes this.
  23. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for all of your assistance in helping me secure a full list of the installed options for my 458, you folks are great! I was able to get my local dealer to send me the complete list of options this morning. Interesting read and I found several options that I did not know were on the car. Success!

Cheers!