connecting battery tender to dino | FerrariChat

connecting battery tender to dino

Discussion in '206/246' started by vrooom, Jan 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    i want to connect a battery tender (DELTRAN ) to my dino , as the battery is not easy to get at and has the cover as well as the spare tire above it i would like to know how others are making the connection. charger comes with "ring terminals" to make connection to the posts - i'm just not sure about "pinching " the harness under the battery cover as it runs into the front compartment. thanks for any tips ! dan

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Mine is wired in to two of the terminals in the fuse box. I can't tell you which without going to check, but I am sure it will be obvious.

3. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    I run mine from the battery terminals and feed/sandwich it between the battery cover and compartment floor. I have the wire pop up through my spare tire. Never any issues. Still the original Interstate battery that was in the car when I bought it in 2010! I’ve used Detran chargers for years on my cars.

4. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    thanks, guess i will do the same. in the 40 years i've owned the car i have not used a battery tender -always made a point of taking it out for a spin at least every couple of weeks.

5. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Mine runs out of the bottom and dangles just below the floor pan.

It is convenient since the car is parked on the upper bunk of a 4 Post car lift, eye level.

6. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    I use a CTEK charger. I attached their fused extension directly to the battery terminals and routed the wire down to one of the holes beneath the nose. This is convenient for me as the charger sits on the floor. I do have to get on the floor to o plug the charger to the extension.

Andres

7. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    +1
    I use a CTEK also with the same location, saves leaving something open if the car is in storage.
    I have a kill switch for the earth under there next to it also.

8. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
    No battery tender here. Just a kill switch for the clock. No issues with battery holding charge.

Pietro