For Sale - 2 Porsche Mountain Bikes (Rare) | FerrariChat

For Sale 2 Porsche Mountain Bikes (Rare)

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by lada03, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lada03

lada03 Karting

Mar 16, 2015
    1. Porsche FS Mountain Bike (Blue) in mint condition. MRP $4500 in 1998. Used as wall art, have all books and manuals. Very innovative bike, rare collectible. $2,500 pick up in Chicago

2. Porsche S Bike (Red) in good used condition.
    Just had a tune up, fork rebuild. Needs
    Nothing, comes with books/manuls
    $1,450 pick up Chicago

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. halr75

halr75 Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Eugene, OR
    Wonderful time capsules of mtb history. I bet they would ride like dogs but that is completely missing the point!!

Glws.

ForzaV12 likes this.
  3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I have a Porsche S bike and I LOVE to ride it. Only rub is the riding position is very aggressive and you're very bent forward on the bike. It's a great bike.

4. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    I remember these bikes well and think they're still great looking. They weren't really competitive with traditional premium MTBs (expensive, heavier, emphasized form over function) but I don't think there's a better way to get around the pits at Rennsport Reunion.

5. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have a Bike S in my showroom as a display. Its my second one. I don't know anything about the quality of bikes so of course I luv it.

6. lada03

lada03 Karting

Mar 16, 2015
    Traditionally when the big auto company made bikes, they were usually crap and expensive due to the branding (BMW) which were not on par with the cheaper Treks. But surprisingly the Porsche bikes used very good components back in the day (Shimano, Sachs) and they still hold up today.

I hope someone can use these, the FS bike is very special, never seen a blue one like mine. They were usually black

The red S bike just had the forks rebuild, needs absolutely nothing. I thought about mounting the red S bike on the roof of my 1980 red 911SC, but that screams ****** :))

7. lada03

lada03 Karting

Mar 16, 2015
  8. lada03

lada03 Karting

Mar 16, 2015
  9. lada03

lada03 Karting

Mar 16, 2015
    Blue is sold

red available

10. Bob R

Bob R Rookie

Feb 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bob Rath
    Is the red still available? If so, what is the frame size?

11. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    OP has not been on in a year. Thread locked.

LightGuy likes this.