Possible info with white 1990 TR for sale on Long Island | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Possible info with white 1990 TR for sale on Long Island

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by campbell360, Jan 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. campbell360

campbell360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2009
    Michiana
    Full Name:
    Doug
    OOOH...I'm sooo glad to hear that. I almost didn't post because I didn't want to hear any potential horror stories. The car seems to have been for sale the last couple of years. Any info or discussion on this car would be great if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks again!

2. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    The car has been for sale for a long time because the dealer (who bought it from the Fchatter) tried to resell it at an absolutely ridiculous price.
    The group that you bought it from (Fusion Luxuary Motors) isn’t even the same group that the Fchatter sold it to.
    The original dealer buyer (A group out of Las Vegas) had it marked up to a ridiculous price of 155. They were trying to flip it and make an over 50% profit. Instead they got burned by a market that was clearly in decline.
    Screw then for being so greedy. They got what they deserved

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. campbell360

Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2009
    Michiana
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Interesting and good to know. I paid a lot closer to the latest auction prices ($100k-ish) than asking price. Maybe Fusion wanted to move it as well. With the recent July 2019 engine out service (and apparently another engine out service in 2016!) I feel like I did ok.

4. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Yep. That’s exactly where that car should’ve traded. Between 95 and 100 grand.
    The 139 price that fusion had was a complete pipe dream :(

5. campbell360

Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2009
    Michiana
    Full Name:
    Doug
    There's a lot of pipe dream prices out there to be honest. I'm surprised that real market pricing isn't more the norm. Can't be that many uneducated buyers out there can there?

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I don’t want to be a joy breaker but didn’t the other original owner said that he had questions about the last service? I got to find his post but there were discussions about it. I believe it is in the TR thread (price). Maybe I’m wrong.
    They also have the red TR from last years Barret Jackson which has sat there since.
    My buddy petfred bought his white on white TR at fusion he is happy with it though;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    one day we will be talking remeber we can buy one forlow l00s, tr days is comming so underappreciated all of us that got one are all lucky

8. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    when u become a tr owner and have a nice example and in white you will say no way am i gonna sell my car for 100k

9. campbell360

Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2009
    Michiana
    Full Name:
    Doug
  10. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Did you buy ZFFSG17A9K0079617 ??? I highly recommend you get an independent PPI done before you close the deal.

https://dirtyoldcars.com/1989-ferrari-testarossa-found-miami/

11. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s good! Just looking out for u;) contact stardoc if u want know more about the car that was his and he got rid of it 2 years ago. Great guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Agree, I would find myself changing to one single color. All white or all red.

13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    anyupdate on when you will recieve your new tr

14. campbell360

Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2009
    Michiana
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Thanks for asking. It was picked up today. I should be getting it next week Monday or Tuesday.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

16. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    your gonna love the car get on open road and you will really appreciate the tr

17. campbell360

Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2009
    Michiana
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Looking forward to it! Unfortunately will have to wait for some decent weather. Winter in Michigan can be a drag.

blkdiablo33 likes this.