488 Pista Values | Page 9 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Values

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by customryder, Nov 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    C'mon lighten up guys.

Dmark1 there has to be some Spearmint Rhino alumni on here. If you know - then you'll know.

2. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

You’ve nailed it !. I drive a 488 with every Ferrari option on it except Apple Car Play ( .I even have spare tire kit !) . I have never felt as good in a Ferrari or any other car for that matter. I say to all who can do a Ferrari....go for every option . It “completes you” !

Pis7a2020 and bretty2901 like this.
  3. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    LARRYH, tomc and of2worlds like this.
  4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    of2worlds, Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  5. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The spec is about as bland as you can get. Black doesn’t show as well to me on Pistas as other colors. Stripe color is extremely uninspired as well.

6. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It's not bad, my problem with it is that it's Nero and I don't like Nero but the color combinations and the options are good. I think that the Pista looks better in other colors though. Still, the silver wheels with the silver stripe go well with the Nero IMO. The price looks really attractive though if you don't want to pay over MSRP. At this rate they will be selling below MSRP by summer.

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  7. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Thecadster likes this.
  8. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    ...or Spider.

Let's be honest, he probably came to his senses and bought a 600LT.

Just kidding--call the dogs off :rolleyes:

IloveGT, technom3 and SoCal to az like this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    #209 Thecadster, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    I agree on Nero not being quite perfect on the Pista, but the car is certainly equipped with what it should be equipped with. It’s not a stripped down version devoid of key features.

of2worlds, wrs and IPO1 like this.
  10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Or a flipper just trying to stay ahead of the curve now that the reality of Ferrari unrestricted production is setting in on all models across the board.

11. Caliper in yellow is an odd choice. Red would've been so much better.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Very easy to paint if needed.

13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Agree. Yellow calipers with red interior accents is a visual conflict. Calipers should have been red or interior accents yellow. Once the calipers are re-painted in red the car will come together and make sense visually.

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure I follow you. The Pistas were restricted, the SF90 is pretty much gone in Europe, the GTS is anything but easy to get an allocation for what ever allocations are still free. Looks to me like the high end cars are still very restricted. Now the F8 is not restricted, and neither are the GT cars, but they never were here in Europe.

15. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That black Pista is pretty meh looking, but it might be due to the fact that it's terribly lit in those photos.

16. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    So the restriction on the cars is only by length of production, not actual numbers produced. The 812 was also hard to get a couple of years ago but look at how easy it is to get at a significant discount to MSRP now. My dealer has a $419k spec car that was delivered last April with 1200 miles asking $360k, that is not indicative of hard to get or limited production numbers. I think the fact that this fairly nice spec Pista with a lot of good options is only $10k over MSRP shows just how the premium is pretty much gone. That is a nice car with a lot of options that has no premium and it's only 6 months old.

LVP488 and of2worlds like this.
  17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I never said the 812 SF is hard to get. The 599, 575, F12 or 458 were never hard to get here either. Nothing has changed in that regard from what I can tell - maybe in the US but not in the EU.

18. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I am saying it was hard to get a couple of years ago (the car was new then like the SF90 now) but not anymore. That was also true with the 488 spider. Once enough of the cars are produced to satisfy the intial gotta have it demand, the premium goes away. I could have waited until now to get my 488 Spider and bought used. I would have saved about $70k but lost almost two years of enjoyment. There are only so many buyers who care to pay extra to own the car first or sooner. With them goes the premium.

Shadowfax likes this.
  19. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    jim g, wrs, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Flippers always drive the price of the model down. The buying public takes note of these sales and then demands the same or lower else they feel exploited. Unless there was some flaw with that car that a PPI would discover it was a worthy example of an undriven, well equipped Pista in a good spec. If you are a current or future owner and plan to keep then ignore and drive on. You still have a fabulous car you always wanted.

21. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Agree with everything you said except the “good spec” part. They somehow succeeded in making a Pista plain Jane!

Il Co-Pilota and Solid State like this.
  22. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Black Ferraris look great IMO. Gives the opportunity to see the shape of the car as designed. A black F12 or Enzo is magic. Black and silver stripe here go great and the interior is right up there. Not spectacular but not spectacularly priced either. Great specs always go for more.

Cigarzman and wrs like this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    True. But we are debating the low volume and VS cars here. I opposed because you said it was all across the board. That's why I specifically used the VS and low volume cars as examples. They seem to be as hard to get as ever, so from my perspective, it's very much the same.

I think what is going on in the US has more to do with changing trends. Clients are fed up with the games US dealers play, and FNA is not quite as lenient about letting US dealers get away with playing games. To me that's a good thing and it was never something Ferrari spa approved of.

24. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Too many Ferrari different models .. too much cars and ( probably ) always the same numbers of potential buyers ....pista prod numbers seems over 2000 pcs , the only pista that will keep his value will be the spider ( 700/800 pcs ).

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  25. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Second hand Pista are also about MSRP in Europe now (if you check on mobile.de you have a good sample).
    Apart from the fact that all used Ferrari seem to have lost some of the appeal, I think Ferrari has also priced it to get all the money it could - that has adjusted the demand so that there is virtually no unsatisfied demand from people ready to pay more.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and jim g like this.