Wanted - 2009 430 Scuderia | FerrariChat

Wanted 2009 430 Scuderia

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by vndrsmth, Jan 19, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vndrsmth

vndrsmth Rookie

Nov 16, 2015
    Hey all,

Just as the title says, I'm looking for a well taken care of 2009 Scud. I'm a national track instructor and moving on from my GT3. Its time to get back to something a little more raw and special - this car will see lots of track use.

I'm not particular on color but if I had to choose Rosa, Nero, Nurburgring would be my top 3 in no order.

Let me know - I'm ready to buy right now and can arrange PPI/shipping/etc for the right Scud.

Thank you!

LARRYH likes this.
  2. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    GT3 to Scud. The awakening of the century! Wish more Porsche guys realized how overhyped their cars are. GLWTB.

3. Ssaa77

Ssaa77 Karting

Oct 1, 2013
    My friend is selling his 2009 Nero with about 10k miles. Full front wrap and exhaust remote. Serviced at Ferrari of Seattle. DM me if you’re interested.

4. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Why not buy "Raider1968"'s Scud advertised in this section. It's a 2008 (not a 2009 as you are seeking) but it already has a roll cage, race seat belts and race fire extinguisher installed. It's very well cared for and priced right.

tfazio and arizonaitalian like this.
  5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    In all fairness, I posted a thread about 6 months ago in Rennlist 991 GT3 section on Scuderia vs GT3, and most there recommended a Scuderia.....

isitaboat likes this.
  6. jrothma

jrothma Rookie

Oct 10, 2004
    Colorado
    I have one available. On consignment from a friend. Super nice, low clutch wear, service is current. $300k MSRP late 2008 (so it includes the US Carbon kit)

https://www.bespokeautos.com/inventory/2008-ferrari-430-scuderia-base/172289

I’ve not been active at all here, but I’m pretty well known and respected in P-car community. Happy to send photos and full description.

Thanks!

Joe Rothman
    720 382-6167 Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    chris0315 likes this.
  8. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Seems like a reasonable price. Any issues? What do you mean by “story car/ ex concours”?

9. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hurricane Harvey— sat on a stack of wife’s college books in garage and still flooded up to bolsters. CA salvage title now— I bought it and went and picked it up in Houston.

I had all harnesses replaced with ones from Jim Glikenhaus Scud.

10. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

What is going on with the driver door hinge area ?
    Looks like some bent metal straightened out.
    Otherwise a great deal if everything else checks out.

11. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Yes I like the idea of a 2009 for just a bit more than a 2008 sans US CF package.
    However I would replace the lower CF bits with cheaper fiberglass stuff if you track the car.
    One off might destroy some seriously expensive (irreplaceable ?) stuff.

Oh and Raider's car is all set up for track but never tracked.
    IMO the PERFECT car for a track for the money and with one fastidious no stories owner.
    Slam dunk.

Has it ever been established if his car had the USA CF package ?

12. vndrsmth

vndrsmth Rookie

Nov 16, 2015
    Thanks everyone for the messages and support!

I've shot notes to many, excited to see where this goes

13. jrothma

jrothma Rookie

Oct 10, 2004
    Colorado
    Absolutely no damage/repair. I saw the delamination of the red paint in the inner door/hinge area and freaked. Immediately called a friend who owns a high-end body shop and is more Ferrari knowledgeable than I am. He says it’s very common and not to worry. I’m just a weird seller that I show everything! Would love to have confirmation of that from other owners!

Thanks!
    Joe

LightGuy and Manda racing like this.
  14. Indiana Horse Power

BANNED

Dec 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Drew Shafer
    I have a 2008 Scud that is awesome with only 4,800 miles. It is black with silver racing strips. Call or text at 317-363-5460. I can send pics and video

15. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    i also have a 08 scud 11.5k miles, us carbon pack 300k msrp. blk/blk with silver stripes. PPF whole car perfect interior and wheels. 170

16. SignatureJames

SignatureJames Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    I must have the most driven mileage Scuderia on Fchat. Seems like a lot of good examples to choose from for OP

17. whitef12lin

whitef12lin Rookie

Sep 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ed lin
    Have a friend interested. PMd you. Need your contact info please

18. Indiana Horse Power

BANNED

Dec 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Drew Shafer

I have a 2008 Black w Silver stripe with 4,792 miles. Just send me a text and I can send some pics. 317-363-5460

19. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    To the OP:

Scuds are fantastic cars and GT3's are amazing as well.

Not sure what year your GT3 is but I owned and tracked my 2008 Scud and my 991.2 GT3 simultaneously.

Not a fair comparison (in my opinion) since my GT3 was a full decade newer, but my GT3 absolutely smoked the Scud for on-track performance, durability, reliability...etc. The Scud is not even on the same planet as the late model GT3's.

Scuds are very entertaining, tend to move around a lot at the limit, and are def visceral, but I would caution you with this decision as I suspect you may be taking a step backwards.

Good luck with your search!

Sergio Tavares likes this.
  20. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    Are you in USA or EU?
    Your profile does not say

+1

21. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
  22. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

Op, I recall your build from rennlist. I have a highly modded gt3 as well and love it. The newer generation gt cars are in fact amazing. But don’t let that deter you. It’s about how it makes you feel. My I-watch is also better in every way than my Rolex or speedmaster, but guess which one I haven’t worn in three years! Scuds make you feel alive!

23. novi

novi Rookie

Dec 21, 2015
    SoCal
    Hi Can I get more info on the car?
    You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks

24. Welikethetrack

Dec 9, 2015
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Leo Haury
    Scuds really do make you feel alive. I have a 991.2 3rs and a scud and unlike that guy up there I don’t think your taking a step back on the racetrack. Your taking a step back driving to the grocery store and office for sure hahaha.

The scud isn’t as bulletproof and fast as the new Porsche GT cars but they feel SO a much lighter and are so much more fun to toss around.

they really do just make you feel alive... the amount of drama that car invokes doing anything Is WILD and the sound is insane, the 20 gauge shotgun firing shifts and the wailing banshee scream at redline as the red lights are flashing in ur face are something else.

most sell their scuds within a short time tho because they are just too much for most people, if u track cars you’ll like it tho