488 Pista Values | Page 7 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Values

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by customryder, Nov 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    true. But from a performance perspective at least they are in the ballpark now. 488 and 720
    Was no contest and I owned em both.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'm a big Mac fan but I wouldn't say Ferrari has failed. With that said I'm definitely getting an LT.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. Yeah, I know. @Gh21631 and @SoCal to az

Not trying to throw shade at Ferrari.

I've driven the 720S, alot, and have mucho respect for the car. But would I want to own one? No, and certainly not instead of a Pista.

Just something about the 720S doesn't speak to me. Yes, I know, it's most definitely a me issue.

Carry on!

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    #154 Gh21631, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Most will never track their cars let alone have the ability to push them to a point that it matters. Its all bragging rights.

nmcclure likes this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Maybe. But they are fine and would be the least of my worry. If they were to fix anything i'd start in other areas first.

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    like? Design wise, that’s all I have on the F8. It’s nearly flawless.

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The handles are designed in as part of the airo for the side vents....no big deal visually for me.

Maybe they could work on getting the stance better, lower, less wheel gap, better placed wheels in guards etc , work on the seating and ergonomics, lower the seat or provide for more headroom, improve the feel of the general controls, improve MI, remove half of the options and put in in the car as std equip as it should be anyway etc. These are all areas which will give more benefit to the driver than nit picking a couple of door handles which most don't seem to find issue with anyway.
    And flawless? I wouldn't go that far. Plenty of room for improvement..

SoCal to az likes this.
  8. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    The wheel gap and stance is very disappointing - have you ever heard any rationale as for why? They are obviously aware it looks aesthetically poor given most of their artwork fixes the issue. Ferrari's ride is world class considering the handling - my assumption has always been this is how they do it.

Mickyd329 likes this.
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Agree it doesn't need to look like it's sitting on the bump stops but the stance could be a hell of a LOT better than how it currently looks and still be able to deliver a good ride.

I suspect it's just a case where they've been getting away with it for years off the back of having very little competition. Much like the absurd amount of costly options one has to add on when every other brand has these items and more as standard equip. It's becoming a very bad joke now. I don't know how long they seriously think they can get away with it. It's absurd given the price.....beyond a joke.

10. My guess it's to allow for a compliant enough ride while still providing sufficient clearance for the rear diffuser.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I think no matter which way you slice it there's room for improvement. A car like this needs a stance to match. Gt2's ride is very similar to Pista and has a rear diffuser along with a much lower spoiler, lower than Pista, and it's stance looks like it means business. All the Italians need to do here is copy what the Germans have done on their special version cars. No need to reinvent the wheel, least of all make up excuses about ride and compliance as any valid reason.

Gh21631 likes this.
  12. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Most of these cars have factory coil overs. Just have the dealer lower it to the desired height.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The F8 can be lowered but requires Novitec springs. The Ferrari options and cost thereof is bordering on larceny. Painting the roof black is $11000 US. Full interior and exterior carbon fibre package borders on $100K. Alcantar headliner is $3K and is essentially a must since the standard fabric is an abomination. I did get the red rings on the vent and believe it or not, no charge.

14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    There is another issue with the F8 but only applies to those in jurisdictions that require a front license plate. There is no area on the front of the car where a plate will look even close to acceptable. Cannot be placed in the middle of the front since it will block air flow through the vent to the S- Duct. Adhering off centre right or left will totally destroy the appearance. Ferrari as of yet, has not devised a solution.

Mickyd329 likes this.
  15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Pista can be lowered an inch or so on factory springs. Car requires an alignment after.

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I would never put a front tag on it. Just take your chances.

Solid State, Jo Sta7 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  17. The GT2 is much much stiffer than the Pista (or 488). The spring rates on the 488/Pista is definitely lower than on the GT2. The rose joints on the GT2 RS also add to that stiffness.

So in that respect there's less "give" on the GT2 than on the 488, which allows for the Germans to provide a lower OEM ride height without endangering the rear diffusers.

Mickyd329 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I did that last year and I was ticketed 3 times in one month. Very annoying to be stopped with the usual 20 minute wait before the cop hands over the ticket.

Mickyd329 likes this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That's how I was with my NSX. Didn't notice and now I can't help but hate them.

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I know what you mean, it seems antiquated but that is the Ferrari way. Focus has been on drivetrain and aesthetics. Things do seem to be progressing though as Lambo and Mac are pushing things forward.

Mickyd329 likes this.
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #171 Shadowfax, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Owning both cars I haven't found that. The ride characteristics are very similar and the GT2 is as livable in that area. The Gt3rs otoh has a more taught and stiffer feel to it where the differences in the suspension set up make it easy to tell the differences between it and the Pista's ride characteristic. And for that matter don't forget the Pista IS supposed to be a track focused car! Gt2 is rose jointed but again you would never know because there is no harshness to it - just razor sharp focus which you would expect from this type of car. So in that regard the Gt2 does have more of a savage race car feel to it but not in any untoward way that would cause discomfort in the already surprisingly compliant ride. So it all goes to show certain things are achievable at this level of engineering regardless of the different engine placements. And fwiw the Gt2 is clearly a solid cut over a Gt3rs in pretty well every respect.

Mickyd329 likes this.
  22. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    IPO1 likes this.
  23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    zero option car.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  24. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    .. No wonder it did not sell. No Carbon option car asking top dollar...

25. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Interesting that forever it was repeated that CF is a waste of money and there was no ROI yet now saying without CF it wont bring the money...

Thecadster and Astrid.Didier like this.