For Sale - 575 SuperAmerica Red/Tan | FerrariChat

For Sale 575 SuperAmerica Red/Tan

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by RedRacer, Nov 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    The 575M was introduced in 2002 as an update of the 550. While keeping the exterior styling strikingly similar to the 550, the 575 was massively improved in many key areas. The 575 was given a larger more powerful engine and bigger brakes to help contain the added punch. The suspension was updated as well as the aerodynamics to help round out the package. In 2005, the Superamerica version was introduced as a limited run of 559 retractable hardtop variants of the 575. Along with the sleek and innovative folding mechanism of the hardtop, the power was pumped up to 533hp from the standard 508hp. Ferrari marketed the Superamerica as the worlds fastest convertible, with a claimed top speed of 199mph. The bulk of the 559 Ferrari Superamericas produced were delivered with the six-speed Magneti Marelli Electrohydraulic manual “F1” gearbox, with only 43 being produced with the highly coveted 6-speed manual gearbox. The 575 would be replaced by the 599 in 2006.

This particular Ferrari 575 Superamerica, chassis number ZFFGT61A950143103, is a 2005 model year with less than 12,000 miles from new, finished in Rosso Corsa over a beige interior with red inserts on its electric Daytona seats with red stitching. Only 170 Superamerica were allocated to the US and this car was purchased new at Penske Wynn Ferrari of Las Vegas in October, 2005. This is a third owner car, acquired at the Gooding Auction, Pebble Beach in August 2018.

This Superamerica received a belt and fluid service in late 2017. When purchased, the top had a crack in it and has recently been replaced with another used top that does not have any cracks. The roof has typical delamination and addition photos will be added following completion of the roof installation, which is underway at Ferrari Beverly Hills Service. The clutch has been tested and is in order, and new Michelin Sport tires were placed on the vehicle several hundred miles ago. A battery tender system was also added to the vehicle which operates on a normal outlet found in any home garage.

This car was optioned with ‘Scuderia Ferrari' shields and a high power hi-fi 6 CD changer. The car presents extremely well and has been maintained and cared for thoroughly. This Superamerica has a clean Carfax showing three previous owners.

Included with the car are all the factory manuals and books, toolkit, two keys, and service records. This car is offered at the no-nonsense price of $279,500.

*prior ad was taken down but membership upgraded to remedy this.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. Ciao55

Ciao55 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel D
    Funny how delamination is typical

3. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The original roof was replaced with a used roof and now it’s at the dealer getting another roof? Can you please clarify?

Hawkeye likes this.
  4. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    One correction: car was purchased at Gooding in 2019, not 2018. I can’t believe it’s almost 2020!

5. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    The original roof had a small crack in it. This crack occurred when the car was being delivered to the auction. Since purchasing the car at auction, a replacement used roof was sourced, without cracks, and is currently being installed. Once the replacement roof is installed I will submit more photos.

6. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Love the interior. Good Luck. Price is right.

Rbwiii likes this.
  7. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
  8. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    For clarification, price is not firm.

9. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
  10. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Received helpful input. Price dropped to $259,500.

11. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
  12. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    JoeTSI likes this.
  13. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Sourcing a roof is not easy. I found unused roofs for around $55,000. Used roofs are a lot less but typically have delamination.

14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Love this car.

15. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Price drop to $245,000.

16. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I have same car/same color combo/same miles. Priced so low. That should make someone happy. You have an amazing car! Folks, jump on it. GLWS!

17. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    What was the MSRP? I didn't see it

18. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    I don’t have the original sticker. If you have specific questions I am happy to assist. Cheers.

19. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Not too long ago, I thought these cars where commanding somewhere between $400-500K.

Hawkeye and ferrariformulauno like this.
  20. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    Kinda surprised no one ever made a custom full-carbon replacement roof (with small rear window, of course). Can't imagine that'd cost near as much the cost of an OEM replacement

SCantera and LARRYH like this.
  21. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I track the 575 SA and the 550 PFB pretty well. There is a huge--HUGE--bid/ask gap on these cars. (Aside from a manual 575 SA), the asking prices have been well over $400K for a while, and have settled around 4350K to $395K. But none of those cars are moving.

I have seen 2 sales that are well under $290K. I have seen a few auction results a little above $300K. My sense is that the market on the 575 SA is $250-$275K and falling gently.

22. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    SA has been my dream Ferrari for a long time. I don't want to deal with the roof issue. From my research.... $$ may not be enough to solve it as time goes.

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  23. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Keep it open! No closed roof, no problem.

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    There is also a huge gap USA vs. Euro cars, do you track that too?

LARRYH likes this.
  25. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    great point there are a lot of these SA over in the USA that are euro cars and they seem to sell for less in the USA. same thing with Barchetta's that being said its long as you know that probably doesn't really matter