Mileage impact on value of Modern Ferrari | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mileage impact on value of Modern Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by J. Zaman, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I bought my white 458 spider (I only drove it about 10 days before it went back to Algar for storage) in November with 23k on the odometer. The car was sold and serviced at Algar and the owner was local. Of course I am doing stuff to it, but I think it will probably be my last Ferrari. I am getting older and there is nothing that a 488 or F8 can do on the street that the 458 cant. In fact even the 458 is overkill. But lets face it most owners don't buy the car that's best for that reason. I got a very good deal on my car and OP whatever you think your car is worth, when you trade it, it likely not be as much as you thought. I never think about what any of the cars I have owned will be worth to the next owner, I only think about what they are worth to me today. I cannot really understand the reason anyone buys a car (which is a heavily depreciating asset )when they are concerned about what will be worth in the future. It is not logical, I always know I'm going to loose money the only question is how much. In my case you could have probably bought 10 458's from the amount I have lost.

vrsurgeon and m5shiv like this.
  2. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    Call me silly, but what's the point of Ferrari making compromises in order to have more comfortable, user friendly, and reliable cars if it doesn't result in more driving. I understand protecting miles historically, but we were dealing with something a little more temperamental (in a couple senses). Unless it's a limited run, one will probably take a little bit of a bath anyway since it's not 2006.

Carnut, JaguarXJ6 and G. Pepper like this.