Mondials For Sale | Page 93 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    I think you nailed it on the head. A doctor putting a license plate from a Ferrari on a van. Hmmm, yeah, right. I guess it could happen, BUT....

Given his background and knowledge, there must be an issue or as Ken stated earlier, he knows what it will cost to get it back on the road and the difficulty in recouping that investment. If it were actually an original Giallo Fly car, I might take a chance with it. It does look fairly clean. Even the engine looks cleaner than most. More than likely this will end up at BHCC or with Stephane. ;)

2cam

2. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
  3. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Dave’s old prugna? Would make sense as I believe he was selling approx a year ago.
    Temple

19633500GT likes this.
  4. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    It is! Hands down one of the best Ferrari's I've ever driven. The thing screams. My buddy bought it from David last year and I said sure and opted in, so we now co-own it. We probably shouldn't have as we also own a Fiat Dino, and it would've been better to have sold that first before jumping off a boat into FCar ownership again, but, oh well, right? I chronicled all receipts and owners in a spreadsheet too, and it's great to have something with provenance from new!

5. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    No kidding I really thought that was the case but figured if you had bought it you would of posted about it. I've been wondering where the car was and also how David was doing.
    That car really is a fantastic driving car if I had the room I would of kept it.Definately a no stories car it has a great pedigree.
    It's funny last night when I saw the picture I enlarged it because I thought it still had the vermont inspection sticker on the windshield from when I had it and I was thinking that has got to be my old car! It's also funny how these cars move around the country. That car has been in california down to georgia up to new jersey over to vermont down to georgia and up to connecticut and I think I may of missed one or 2 places.
    I'm glad that you posted the pic. it made my day.

19633500GT likes this.
  6. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    rob likes this.
  7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    The one you are thinking of that just sold on bat was a 3.2 the one you posted is a 3.0 The one you posted has been for sale for awhile but it looks like they just lowered the price.

8. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks. I used to have a memory....then I forgot.

9. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Memory lane man, I'm here for you! :)

I finished the interior on Thursday night (detailing)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Temple likes this.
  10. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Hi Ken;

Any chance I could come see your 3.2 as I’m presently in NYC? Would really enjoy seeing the car and meeting you as I know you from here (fchat) that you do a lot of your own work/wrenching.

Temple

11. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Sure. I’ll send you a PM.

12. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
  13. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
  14. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Only a mechanic with good connections on parts could viably make this yellow cab a decent buy. Otherwise this could turn into a $50k mondial real quick. I normally don’t buy from dealers and this is far worse, a project car a selling dealer can’t fix. Serious red flag.

Texas Forever likes this.
  15. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    WOW!! Really looks great!! Hope you are happy with the results(s).

temple

16. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Is this the same prugna with all the body damage or I am thinking of a different one? Interior looks good.

17. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  18. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Interior looks great Ken, is that new carpet? When I got the car I spent close to three days detailing it. The exterior came out looking like new didn't have a single ding in it or chip but with the interior my results weren't as good, mainly the carpet as it was tan and original and being 26 years old at the time it had some patina. It also had mats with the Cavallino Rampante that I could not get looking like new.

19. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I have those mats still, and I tried cleaning them lol, but they are pretty tired for sure.

I was pretty disappointed with the exterior scrapes and the few dings that exist when she came out of the enclosed trailer, BUT, as I worked on reconditioning the exterior to her former glory, I looked at them more as the scars of being driven, and use. It's a shame, but I'm ok with it now haha. I also didn't wet sand, clay bar or try to cover any chips. I have the correct touch up pen, but I rather like it's patina at the moment.

Unsure too if it is new carpeting, but it might be? I still need to fulfill one more interior sweep, it's just been brutally cold, so no motivation :)

I am going to have a video done soon though and am hoping for some fair weather. As my Dino (Fiat) continues to sit, we'll likely evaluate in the spring what to do. I was hoping the Dino would be gone by now (18 months to finish it), and I could keep the Mondial on the east coast for a year, then ship it to my friend in CA so he can have a year with it, but the stars are not aligning at the moment. Just thinking positively for now though.

20. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Sorry, didn't mean it to sound that way. I had seen photos prior and I thought it seemed quite neglected but I agree that is some good patina there.

21. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    TAS37 and 19633500GT like this.
  22. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Oh wow. This one is located in my corner of the universe, but never seen it or know anything about the seller. It's so interesting how the color of the car varies from one photo to the next depending on how the light hits it!

23. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Here's their website. https://www.empireautos11.com/

24. FerrariJB

FerrariJB Karting

Jun 8, 2019
    Netherlands