Ferrari Pics, But Not Necessarily 365/400/412 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Pics, But Not Necessarily 365/400/412

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Feb 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

Jim575, samsaprunoff and Il Tifoso like this.
  2. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Brian Redman, an accomplished driver of the 60's - 70's, organizes an event every year down at the local racetrack, Palm Beach International Raceway (PBIR - http://www.racepbir.com) also known as the former Moroso Speedway and Drag Raceway. His event is called Targa 66 - https://www.gorace.com and its meant for enthusiasts to exercise their racing machinery in a friendly atmosphere. I have attended (and will next month as well) for a number of years and below is a pic from one of them which I do not believe have been posted before.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Jim575 and samsaprunoff like this.
  3. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

Jim575 and Jasonberkeley like this.
  4. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    The green is a 330 P2 Replica owned by Larry Wilson and you can find articles on it all over Google -

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/11/08/ferrari-330-p2-replica-owes-running-gear-to-1965-330-gt

Here is a link to the My Classic Car episode filmed while I was there which indicates that the Ferrari F1 with blue wheels was a 1.5 liter from 1965:

Now that I think about it, the GTO in the screen shot does not have any numbers and modern mirrors, so the episode may feature the same/substantially same cars at a previous year - Larry Wilson also owns the F1 1.5 ltr and his warehouse is located 5 mins. from PBIR.

5. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    In furtherance of the upcoming Cavallino show next week, here are some pics from the show a couple of years ago... which I happen to be fortunate enough to live maybe some 5 minutes away... Ever since our current president got elected, the opening night party at the executive airport has been postponed, once the hardest ticket in town to get! Essentially, the Secret Service does not want numerous cars and crowds in the area where Air Force 1 lands periodically. So, these pics in the dark were taken the Thursday before the show (on Saturday) at the Breakers Hotel's parking lot.

Attached Files:

6. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

Jim575 likes this.
  7. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

8. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

9. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

10. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

11. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  12. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

13. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    It all becomes a blur sometimes... except in 2020! I go to all car related events, or try to - every year. I even managed to make it to Amelia Island this year and Brian Redman's Targa 66, and Cavallino, and a handful other ones. But, I also remember those that I was unable to attend such as Sebring 12 hours, Palm Event at Mar a Lago, the collector car auction held in Ft. Lauderdale every year by RM Sotheby's (this year in Palm Beach but virtual), the St. Pete Indycar season opener, Barrett Jackson (had not missed an event since its inception in 2003), the Miami Concours, DRT Miami, and who knows however many more before life as we know it resumes to sort of normalcy. I can count confess that I am one of those fortunate few who, based on the type of law I am specializing these days, am as busy as ever even if I am working remotely from my house. So, that keeps me as of late tied to my desk and unable to get the breaks I am otherwise used to getting on whatever free time I can get.

So... I continue posting pics here from the different events I have attended. We are all car guys here so I like to think I include some for everyone and genuinely hope you enjoy looking at them as I do taking the pics when I attend these events. This is another fabulous year at Brian Redman's event down the street at Palm Beach International Raceway.

Attached Files:

samsaprunoff likes this.
  14. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

samsaprunoff likes this.
  15. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Once again Otto thanx for the great pics.

samsaprunoff and OttoB like this.
  16. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I do not consider myself a photographer, as I only carry my iPhone when I attend whatever car event is possible here in Florida on any given year. However, I am passionate about this since I started when I was waaay young in elementary school! My father, Gustavo Berges, was a leading pioneer in having formally organized motorsports in the caribbean island of the Dominican Republic from the early 1970's through the late 1980's when we moved to this country. He was instrumental in having founded automobile and racing clubs/organizations as well as running them, hence my deep rooted fascination with cars... As a result, I have 1,000's upon 1,000's of photographs from many events over the years that I simply do not have/make the time to share by publishing them - I am not on social media nor do I care to be.

I currently subscribe to 3 car magazines as others in recent years have given way to digital media. These are Classic & Sports Car, CAR, and Classic Cars - all 3 from the UK. Since they take a few weeks to arrive, sometimes I visit their respective websites. From these is how I first learned about the Peninsula Classics Best of the Best annual award which was organized in 2016. In essence, Peninsula Hotels have a yearly worldwide contest where they take the winners of various prestigious car shows, including USA's Cavallino, Amelia Island Concours, Quail/Pebble Beach, etc. - to decide which vehicle is considered that year's winner.

To my surprise last week, the 2020 award winner was disclosed in the link below to the 1954 Ferrari 750 Monza that won Cavallino last year. So, it gives me the perfect excuse to post all of the pics from that event which I attended as well!

https://www.classicandsportscar.com/news/ferrari-750-monza-2020s-best-best

17. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

18. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL

Attached Files:

19. OttoB