Trip to Florence and Venice in early June with toddler | FerrariChat

Trip to Florence and Venice in early June with toddler

Discussion in 'Travel' started by baguns, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Hi - I’ll be in Florence and Venice in early June with my wife and 4 year old daughter, for about 3 nights in each city. Wanted to see if anyone had good recommendations for kid friendly activities in those cities, restaurant recommendations, etc.

There’s another thread on Florence which had good recommendations, but it seemed it was geared towards adults.

In Florence, would it be better to stay north or south of the Fiume Arno river? My daughter likes to play on parks, sandboxes. I noticed south of the river there seems to be more parks. But more of the sites are north of the river?

Same question about Venice as well - ideal place to stay with young children. In Venice we’ll be meeting up with family who has a 2 year old, so definitely we’re looking kid friendly.

I read the threads about trips to maranello, Modena etc which are definitely bucket list items and would be epic, but not in the cards for this trip. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I don't know about kid friendly things in Florence, but Venice take a boat ride to Murano & Burano. Glass making in Murano is nice but 4 & 2 are really young to enjoy much short of a tellitubi , iirc.
    We always made sure we had fun first , never worried about the kids.
    good luck

3. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    Take an Ape tour in Florence. That’s a 3 wheel motor art from which you see a lot without walking or parking issues.
    Google ape tours

4. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I wish I could think that way. Wife won’t allow it. Vacations nowadays aren’t about having fun, it’s about just saying “yes” to trying to survive, lol.

5. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Thanks for the recommendation. Looks interesting.