308QV Seat upholsterers from Topsonline...are they good? | FerrariChat

308QV Seat upholsterers from Topsonline...are they good?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Nuno Andrade, Jan 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuno Andrade

Nuno Andrade Karting

Aug 24, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Nuno Andrade
    Fchaters,

Im looking at doing the interiors of my 83 308QV. I did some research on Fchat and looks like Topsonline have a very good price for Seat Kits compared with others. Anyone that used them please comment on their quality or other alternatives.

Thanks
    Nuno

2. jmaienza

jmaienza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Excellent products, great fit, good prices, choice of colors for seats and piping and excellent customer service...what more do want!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Nuno Andrade likes this.
  3. Nuno Andrade

Nuno Andrade Karting

Aug 24, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Nuno Andrade
    Thanks for your quick reply. Were they able to print/engrave the prancing horse on the headrest?

4. jmaienza

jmaienza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Joe

Engraved horse was optional. I had it done and it looks nice.

I would suggest you ship your cushions to Vic to have him do it. Seat foam gets old and often needs adjustment, steaming to bring back the foam and/or adding foam. Although the covers fit well, its still beneficial to have a professional install them. Lots of “fine tuning” is involved.

Vic also sells leather hides if you need to cover your door panels or center console. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ragtop1 and 308 milano like this.
  5. Nuno Andrade

Nuno Andrade Karting

Aug 24, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Nuno Andrade
    Looks really nice

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Very few of our cars had the head rest embossed.

But it's very cool.....that interior does indeed look wonderful!!!

7. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    Headrests embossed on the injected cars only.

Joe, beautiful interior. I see the piping is absent from your door card. Did Vic forget it or was it left off for reasons of fit/preference?

8. jmaienza

jmaienza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks

Vic did the seats, I did the doors. The piping is actually there. Its not easily seen from the angle of the photo, plus the piping did compress and get drawn inward a bit once the door panel was re-fitted to the door. When you do these interiors, everything changes a bit. I spent a lot of time positioning and glueing the door piping to the door panel. I tried to anticipate how it would butt up against the door and how much it would compress. In some sections I was correct, but in other sections, it was in about 1/16" too much. Then, once the door panel was fully installed, it took a few closings of the door to get it sealed against the rubber and have the door close tightly. All is good now.

Positioning and glueing the new piping on the door panel was a bit tricky. In order to see the exact fit, the everything on the door panel has to be reinstalled and tightened, thereby compressing the piping against the metal frame. On my panel, there were a few spots where the piping was in too far, but not extreme enough to take the door panel off, rip off the piping and re-glue it and try again. I suppose if you do enough of these cars, you get a feel for it, but as everyone know who works on the bodies of these cars, there are individual differences from car to car and even from door to door. Here is a picture of the piping before it was attached.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    Oh, very good. I know what you mean about each car being different! Your interior looks very original and paint and interior same colors as mine. :)