For Sale - 26' Enclosed PACE race car trailer | FerrariChat

For Sale 26' Enclosed PACE race car trailer

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by LightGuy, Nov 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #1 LightGuy, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    The bad; manufactured in 2000 and has been on a storage lot for years so the paint is chalky and some surface rust.
    Bonded title because the guy that gave it to me years ago as part of a race car deal never got around to giving me a title. He has disappeared. Cant find him for a replacement title. So an insured bonded title is what it has. No big deal.
    Some dings before it came into my hands.
    One of the roof vents leaked onto the floor boards so they are weak there. Not in a structurally import area like where the tires travel or the weight of the car resets. Water stains also on the ceiling. I've replaced the vent last month.
    Exterior halogen tube lights were junk from brand new so I tossed them. If you want exterior work area lighting put in LEDs or I can do it if its important to you.

The good; VERY low mileage. He used it for a year or two to haul a couple of Formula Vees. I used it for one Formula Mazda so its never been overloaded.
    LOTS of storage cabinets (they are home made if that makes a difference) . The previous owner was in the home building business so he had his helpers put them in. Work table too. Totally functional but not "designer".
    Has a factory awning. In the Texas summer that is priceless. However it was a pain in the butt for me a one man self crewed operation. Needs two people to put up and take down.
    Trailer has AC and heating. In the Texas summer sun dont expect much though.
    Electric lights and plugs.
    New spare tire with extra rim.

Best of all...cheap.
    After 15 years of paying storage on it I could have bought two new ones...
    ENOUGH !

So a solid little used solid factory built enclosed trailer perfect for the person on a budget.
    My "craigslist price" is $6500.
    A similar trailer by the same manufacturer but a bit newer and cleaner but basic and without the extras is going for 8K.

I'm in the Dallas FT Worth area.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #2 LightGuy, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    New this is a 15k trailer.
    Trailers dont depreciate much.
    Not like cars.

3. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Bumpski.
    Now 5k.
    This is a steal.
    Fully enclosed pro built trailer with AC / heat for flatbed price.

4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    is there an actual CL ad with pics?

5. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
  6. LuigiVampa

LuigiVampa Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I own a 12 year old Pace trailer for about 6 years now and it has been great. Towed it from Watkins Glen to Summit Point and everywhere in between. Never a problem (knock on wood).

At $5,400 this is a helluva deal. I paid $6,500 for mine, albeit in slightly better condition, but it does not have an A/C. These trailer are very easy to repair and a leaking roof vent is not a big deal.

GLWS.

LightGuy likes this.
  7. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    My craigslist ad died.
    Anyone know how to resurrect it ?

8. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    log into your account and there should be a list of all items listed . the trailer ad will be expired I thin you just click or toggle it to relist.