Airliners in flight photographed from others: | FerrariChat

Airliners in flight photographed from others:

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Gatorrari, Dec 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    This is the sort of video that LouB747 sometimes provides: airliners in flight photographed from other airliners. Perhaps the most dramatic starts at 1:12 where three airliners are stacked vertically! The names that appear on the screen are those of the aircraft the videos are being shot from, not those of the aircraft visible.

2. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Does this count? Shot at 18,000' MSL over the Swiss Alps.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I once had a mid-air collision at 3,500 AGL. I and another balloon took off simultaneously. He had planned to go two miles high, I told him I'd go a mile high and then descend. We were within talking distance all the way up to 3,500' when suddenly we started moving toward each other. We kissed momentarily; I remember looking up into the balloon and seeing the shadow of his envelope against mine. As we seperated, I descended and he continued his climb to 10,560'. I landed about two miles from the launch site; he, about twenty miles. Afterwards we both commented that that was the weirdest thing that we had ever encounter while flying. I noted it in my log book that day. Great memory!

Texas Forever and Boomhauer like this.
  3. bspellerin

bspellerin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2011
    Hermon, Maine
    Full Name:
    Brian Pellerin
    My friend and neighbor is a 777 Captain with AA and posted this yesterday of his plane overflying Greenland at FL 360, Mach .83 headed to MIA, taken by a United crew.

Attached Files: