Testarossa Price Trends | Page 155 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #3851 xplodee, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Sotheby’s Auction tonight.

Lot 139, 1987 TR with 28k miles on it. Very clean looking car, original interior, no other information provided.

SOLD without reserve for $67.5k before premiums.

Thats a new low by absolutely any standard.

ChipG likes this.
  2. campbell360

campbell360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2009
    Michiana
    Full Name:
    Doug

3. campbell360

campbell360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2009
    Michiana
    Full Name:
    Doug
    That's shocking. I'm in the market and I just readjusted my high number. My word.

4. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Wait it out, most owners still haven't come to the realization how much the markets dropped on these from the high a couple years ago.

Parnelli and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  5. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    No one has any clue what problems may lie with this car. Auctions are such a poor way to gauge real prices.

6. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    of course that is absolutely true. But this data point is over 30% off the mean. This wouldn’t have happened a year ago

Parnelli likes this.
  7. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I think mainly this thread creates worries with owners rather than help buyers. I don't give these posted prices a second look
    and I am not the least bit concerned where the numbers are going. When is is time to sell I will sell mine for what feels good and
    take about 10 minutes procuring a price if that long.
    It was never an investment and making money is not what these cars are about. Just my two cents.

BOKE, vincenzo, JPMD and 4 others like this.
  8. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    I don't think so, if the number came back real high the group would be celebrating it! Many references of that in this thread

9. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Posting on this thread is a monumental waste of time.

BOKE and Rifledriver like this.
  10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    hoping the 512tr/512M thread doesn't follow this one!

BOKE and MOSS like this.
  11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    why you the post?

12. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    This is the point. If you don’t like this thread or my ‘crap’ posts (per Bone) then don’t come into the thread! Failing that, if you don’t like just my ‘crap’ posts then ignore me! It’s really simple. This thread is to monitor prices which it does quite adequately. When people come in and start having other crap discussions about Lamborghinis then that’s when it comes off the rails. Just my 2 cents. I don’t care if you don’t like it. It’s an internet form of strangers with a common interest!

13. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Well, sometimes its interesting when we discuss Lamborghini's, Helicopters and stuff. The original
    thread topic died 9 years ago. BOKE made a good suggestion to start another thread with nothing
    but real prices attached to vin numbers and it's been started so nice going on that suggestion. This
    one is on life support with that one now available.

14. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Has to be an outlier. Don’t think the market is coming down that fast.

Shamile likes this.
  15. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Why don’t you start new threads for Lamborghinis, helicopters and stuff and leave this one for its purpose otherwise it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just destructive behavior.

16. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #3867 Rifledriver, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Based on the pictures it was a very average car. I would have waved off a client based on those alone.

And without question not a car to base a market trend on.

Shamile, MOSS and BOKE like this.
  17. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The original thread topic is irrelevant because this thread has been renamed to talk about price trends.

If you don't want to talk about price trends then just stop posting here. I value your posts but this is getting ridiculous, let members who want to talk about price trends, FOR ANY REASON, do so on this designated thread.

Jay R likes this.
  18. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Valuable feedback, what makes it "average" based on your vast experience? To my novice eyes it certainly looked fine, but I'm trying to learn more.

I feel like the car's description with Sotheby's left a lot on the table. No discussion of its last major, no discussion of how many owners, no discussion of what was contained within the service records. Combine average car, this lack of info, and no reserve, and hopefully this is just an outlier that shouldn't have sold in the first place. My guess is whoever bought it will probably re-sell it. I certainly would give it a shot if I bought this car....

19. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Anyone that calls a trend on a single car sale out of thousands is a fool. Happy buyer and an unhappy seller for sure. At least RM Sotheby's got their vig. lol

Agree on that being an average car. Single nut Testarossas have proven to be the least desirable and the bottom of the market for three decades.

Just something for the bottom feeders to munch on.

Shamile, Rifledriver and MOSS like this.
  20. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Tim, if you would stop posting irrelevant cars long enough you would see I was being sarcastic.

21. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Despite what people here want to believe the real world does not favor centerlock wheel cars over the later improved version. It also has passive restraints. That makes it to many, the worst of both worlds. The leather condition was average at best. There were no pictures of the dash top which means they were avoiding the subject. The engine bay was poorly kept and had a rattle can paint job on the motor.

All on a 28000 mile car? All indicators of poor owner and service history. If I can see that on a set of photos taken to conceal the warts?

turbo-joe, Jay R, Shamile and 2 others like this.
  22. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I just post cars. I don't see how they're irrelevant.

This is eye opening for me on the single-nut market. I like it best but if it's not more valuable in real market numbers then oh well.

Not sure what you mean on bottom feeders. No one here is behaving in poor taste other than you with your constant snide comments and insults. Out of curiosity- Do you own or have owned a TR? For all I know you've had dozens, but for all I know you've had none and just broker their sales to people with more money than you... as you know, you can never tell who you're talking to on a forum. You may have a lot of posts but so far your behavior in this forum and on this thread merits no respect from the TR members.

Maybe you can post some proof of your behind the curtain sales that justify your opinions and attitude? The rest of us are just having an open and honest discussion.

Parnelli, turbo-joe, Jay R and 3 others like this.
  23. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    An extremely poor example of Testarossa price trends at best.

xplodee likes this.
  24. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    And without more experienced members such as your self respectfully explaining to the rest of us why this is the case, then how would we know? This is my point. This is a good thread, its a good opportunity for all of us to share info and some of us to learn if we are open to it. I appreciate your comments, thank you. I'll be honest, I just don't like the nastiness that came along when Boke entered the room. He's never been around before, what did we do to deserve his honorable presence.

Jay R likes this.