Copart— cs | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Copart— cs

Discussion in '360/430' started by one4torque, Dec 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Hoping a real enthusiast got it... vs a flipper.

imahorse likes this.
  2. JuniorGTR

JuniorGTR Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Jr
    Sad I missed this thing. Really would have loved it to finish off my gated CS clone

3. JuniorGTR

JuniorGTR Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Jr
  4. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    My previous weekend car was sold through the same company. I miss my viper I really want to see what the undercarriage looks like. While I don't deal with auction cars very often it does seem kind of strange for a salvage flipper to contact the company directly, buy it for a high enough price to keep it from being auctioned, only to sell it immediately.

5. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    I miss my viper gts also

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

imahorse likes this.
  6. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    90k for an Unrepaired salvage title cs. If brought to perfect condition would be worth what 130k. 40k for parts, labor just to break even and still have to deal with a tough sale.

Worth it for parts.

Fix it to own, id spend the additional 60k (factoring in costs to repair)and buy one without salvage title that may actually be worth keeping.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Oengus and E60 M5 like this.
  7. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    It sold for $90k?

8. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    RANDY6005 likes this.
  9. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    JuniorGTR likes this.
  10. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
  11. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    One good thing the air bags did not deploy

Oengus, Mikestradale and 02360spider like this.
  12. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    what do you think was the biggest reason why they considered it totaled lost ?

13. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Copart had it labeled undercarriage damage. I have a feeling that we are only seeing a small part of the damage, which, imo appears to have come from below. Contrary to youtubers, gluing the undercarriage back together isn't a good diy solution.

360+Volt=Prius likes this.
  14. JuniorGTR

JuniorGTR Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Jr
    Haha, the truth

15. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I'd sell my gated 360...... and bite on this if it was sold for $45-50.

As stated above $90k makes it hard to do anything reasonable on this one.

I'll bet.... it's worth more in parts than as a whole with the salvage title.... and the finicky nature of f car buyers.

Oengus and EastMemphis like this.
  16. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Me too. You actually got me interested enough to join Copart, and I reviewed the history report. I also ordered an inspection but just before the car was taken down the inspection company let me know they can’t do the inspection because the car was not yet for sale. Next day it vaporized.

Before it vanished I did call one of the brokers in Fla that works with Copart. Would of been about a 20% premium for broker and Copart fees, and fla sales tax (which has to be paid even if you live in a no sales tax state!)

I would have maybe been in for 50-60k plus premium (70k) and done a rebuild and eventually a MT conversion. Still would have ultimately lost money on it.

I can only dream... to many fingers in this pot.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

one4torque and imahorse like this.
  17. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    360+volt - your best bet for a drivers budget CS gated..... I'm convinced.... IS a copart clapped out high mlg F1 360..... sell off all the stock interior bits..... to offset cost.

THEN::
    1. aftermarket coil overs (sell the adj f car stuff and modules)
    2. recaro seats Light wgt (sell the heavy factory stuff)
    3. NO leather interior bits..... (sell it all).... weight redux..... then do a pleasing to look at HPDE interior.... alcantara in spot.... grey or white paint on exposed metal.
    4. Sell factory wheels/tires..... get after market LW .... seems the CS 18" track wheels are pretty cheap...
    5. sell the factory exhaust.... it is a boat anchor...... aftermarket, LW, good noises.
    6. 430 tb's, mas.... tune......
    7. Gated Swap........ there's this guy in texas who can hook you up with parts and tune.... ;)
    8. am sway bars.... sell factory stuff......

basically apply the HPDE E36 formula to a beat modena......

I bet you can get the car under 2800lbs..... and above 450 hp........ would be a blast...

..... disregard the above if you are a speculator.... looking to ride some appreciation curve of a cs.... this is not for you :)

18. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I need to see if they’d sell me the stock shift paddles. Just bought my third CS but it has std 360 sized carbon paddles. Would like to return to stock aluminum CS paddles.

19. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Question is do you think it will sell if someone offers them $80? And can it be put back together all said and done for $100k?

20. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    My experience with rebuilding wrecked vehicles is that there is usually a lot more wrong than you can see from the outside. You will not know the full extent of the damage until you can get in there. We also have yet to see a picture of the damage underneath. Is it possible that it could be done under $100k? Yes. Is that realistic? Probably not.

LightGuy and 02360spider like this.
  21. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Yeah I buy wrecks and it is true most times there is more damage then you see.

one4torque likes this.
  22. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

And will will always be a Salvage car to the end of time.

This is a donor car unless someone wants to do a project street rod and is willing to lose their butt.

23. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Teo outcomes one you get a good deal and drive a cs salvage for a couple years and break even or make and little. Two you lose a little money in a couple years. I'm sure you can sell the car for $110k $120k you might break even or loss a little but imagine your in it for $100 to $110 not to bad.i would take a salvage Cs over a clean 430 anyday.

one4torque likes this.
  24. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The fact that it’s out of auction and with a dealer is somewhat of an advantage in that should be easy to arrange for a proper PPI now. No need to speculate as to what the unseen damage is or guess at repair costs. An interested party could sort out the costs and make an informed decision. The fact that a number of crashed/salvaged Stradales have traded hands for around $120-130k in the last couple of years provides prospective buyers with a market floor to compare to once they’ve got the repair costs projected from an inspection and they can go from there. I suspect guys who want to drive and enjoy a CS could wind up with a nice driver that’s sorted out and serviced for a pretty good price and they’d have the benefit of knowing how the repairs were done rather than buying something “done” by someone else.

02360spider and one4torque like this.
  25. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Actually a plus to see some rebuilt cs cars avail for car guys to actually use and track or daily.