The Purosangue Thread | Page 34 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    1/ Ferrari ARE making an SUV. That is a point of fact.

2/ I agree 100% that Lusso is unique, without any competitors.

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Handling? Driver feel? Overall performance? Cabin materials? Overall engineering?

So, you don't know anything about it, just like the rest of us.

jpalmito likes this.
  3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    For me, it´s difficult to get interested in a SUV, no matter that you put a lot of powa´ and a nice badge on it. The Lamborghini Urus and the Bentley Bentayga are good examples of that: as noted above, they scream VAG with a diferent body.

The only way Ferrari could make something different (a FUV, not just a SUV with some marketing speech) is if they make some sort of Lusso with hydraulic suspension. But I think that wouldn´t sell as much as they want.

4. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    MDEL likes this.
  5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Michael Leiters said that Ferrari found a concept and a package which is on one side a real SUV and will convince SUV customers to buy it, but on the other side there’s a huge differentiation of concept to existing SUVs. Perhaps the FUV is that sort of Lusso with hydraulic suspension you mentioned. I agree that an FUV probably won't sell as well as an SUV. In general the clientele of this super SUVs wants performance but at the same time a high driving position and a luxurious and spacious interior that can seat 5 persons in great comfort. For them a big boot is also a must.
    A Lusso V12 is faster than any existing SUV and the addition of an hydraulic or air suspension I presume wouldn't make the car much slower. The main problem I see is the Lusso volume which is too small when compared with an SUV but according to Leiters the Purosangue is an egg of Columbus that combines the best of both worlds. IMO that's only possible by defying the laws of physics but with Ferrari anything is possible.

Caeruleus11 and KenU like this.
  6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    on that basis a toyota gt86 is better than a Laferrari...

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The more I think about it, there is one critical thing it must do, aside from the obvious: it must be able to absorb normal potholes without wheel and tire damage. I know that sounds funny, but no one will put up with that for long.

Bundy, MDEL and tomc like this.
  8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Kanye West's Urus is avorio?!?
    T

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Egg of Columbus?!? I never heard that before!
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_of_Columbus

I learn so much on this site!

T

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom the car is covered with a 3M wrap. One source says it's beige, very beige like a German taxi but there is another that identifies the color as being a gloss light ivory.

11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom, Egg of Columbus is a famous Italian metaphor for an idea or discovery that seems simple or easy after the fact. Columbus and Ferrari are both Italian and the former discovered America so let's see if the later is capable of discovering a way of making an SUV that's also an FUV.

Caeruleus11 and tomc like this.
  12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  13. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    I see that Roma and SUV get a lot of complaints, try to figure why? I think that some people are afraid that Ferrari is starting to be more daily car than exotic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jas, tomc, rssf and 2 others like this.
  14. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    I have never claimed to have any inside info on the SUV. But it is obvious to every man and his dog that an SUV is what they are making. Simply based on the publicly available info to date.

15. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    I agree with you. And it will never happen, because what Ferrari are targeting is the huge SUV market.

Personally, I have no problem with there being a Ferrari SUV, and it might well prove to be the best SUV...maybe. Unless Aston's DBX takes that crown.

It's not as if Ferrari are stopping making their usual cars. My FAR bigger problem with Ferrari is their antiquated use of aluminium construction. At the price of the cars, they should have full carbon cells.

16. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    It hasn't slowed down the McLaren 720S :D

MDEL likes this.
  17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Now that deserves a big congratulations!
    Maybe Ferrari can forget about the crowded ultra-premium SUV segment and deliver the world the first-ultra luxury pickup truck, the FPUT? :eek:
    T
    FPUT = Ferrari Pickup Truck

ferrarifanatic25, MDEL and jumpinjohn like this.
  18. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Here is my perspective and this is coming for an owner of 1xFF 3xLussos (T, and 2V12s) 1xBentayga 1x(CayenneTurbo '16) x1RRFullSize and finally 1xUrus (entire demo day). Ferrari needs to make it special and that means a special experience, special engine, and special transmission. Because in my humble opinion a standard V8 with or without hybrid and 4WD and 4 doors is just not going to cut it. Yes I like all those cars but the ones (and still one) I love/keep was the V12. It needs to be special engine to warrant what I think will be a massive price-tag and it needs to sound, feel, and look like a Ferrari. And yes it needs 4 doors.. I can't keep getting out and in of my Lusso for the kids.. it kind of drives me a bit crazy some days.

tomc, Caeruleus11, MDEL and 1 other person like this.
  19. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    Ferrari suv will have doors like mazda rx-8
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
  21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The testimonies of the owners, better than anything else, enable us to understand what the clients of these ultra-exclusive and expensive SUVS want. It's known that one growing segment of the luxury market that has attracted women is sports utility vehicles (SUVs).Rolls-Royce estimates that one in five of its Cullinam SUVs have been bought by women, compared with fewer than one in six, on average, of its other vehicles. Some of the attractions of these SUV's apart from the ostentation side, are an high driving position, better road view and a more practical boot.
    I thank you for sharing your perspective since you are an owner that has had several Lusso's as well as exclusive SUVs. If I understood well on a SUV that wears the Ferrari emblem you want compromise on the V12 engine, because of sound and performance, on the 4 doors for practicality and also on the internal space that has to be be substantially larger than the one existing in the Lusso. Perhaps you're also expecting a larger boot. I guess that you would be happy by preserving on the Purosangue the Lusso 4 wheels traction and steering system as well as the driving experience. Perhaps you're also expecting a Purosangue that looks like a Ferrari but is equipped with a suspension that enables to lift and lower the car whenever that's needed.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This is not confirmed. Ferrari also spoke of gullwing doors as well.

MDEL likes this.
  23. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    gullwing doors? all 4 doors will open up? or only back doors like in tesla?

24. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I believe the thought was to have easy egress from the rear and retain only two doors.

25. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    surprisingly
    Ferrari does not have lifting doors on younger models (like McLaren), and on the vast majority of models with v12 (like the Aventador), even on tdf. But will it be on an SUV? Despite the fact that the gullwings are really uncomfortable in the snow, and they give a height limit on an already high car.