F430 manifolds..... again | FerrariChat

F430 manifolds..... again

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ben Lowe, Jan 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Rookie

Dec 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ben Lowe
    Hey guys, just a little question, sorry if this is really boring now.

So, I bought my f430 spider in June with the twelve month new power 15 warranty from a main dealer. I’ve done around six thousand miles in that time, mainly on a road trip around the French Riviera and into Italy (which was fantastic). The problem is, my left hand manifold has started blowing. Now, the right hand one was repaired by Ferrari before I bought the car, but the left was t touched. Initially the dealer was saying they weren’t going to do anything to help, but they’ve now agreed to pay to have the left hand manifold repaired as well, but I have to pay for the removal and refitting. My question is, does everyone think this is acceptable, and how recently have people been getting results with getting manifolds replaced etc?

Thanks
    Ben

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Never seen a repaired manifold provide a lasting repair. I no longer give anyone that option.

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    You cannot weld up crap, but you can make it look nice .

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    id go tubi or capristo and never think about it again...

5. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Welding it never really fixes the issue it just becomes another stress point. At this point your best solution is getting an aftermarket set. Sure, initial costs may be on the higher end but it'll save you the headache in the long run.

whatheheck and E60 M5 like this.
  6. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Its not acceptable at all. They should be replacing them,

7. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I tend to agree. It all depends on the terms of your warranty. But I'm being Captain Obvious here.

I would not settle for a repair. Replace with aftermarket. It looks like they won't do the labor for you either without a fee. Find a good independent shop near you.

SingleClutch likes this.
  8. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    They should be doing whatever was in the sales contract or what is allowed by the power warranty, no more, no less. If that means you need to pay out of pocket to get a manifold repaired, thats just good money after bad. Save that and apply it to replacing the manifold(s) with a good product.

Ray Smith likes this.
  9. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Rookie

Dec 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ben Lowe
    Brill, thanks for the responses guys, the car is now in with Italia Autosport as I’d read so many good things about them. They’re going to give the car a check over and make sure the quality of the manifold repairs are up to scratch etc.

Tubi Sales likes this.