Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 121 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    might be wrong but looks to me the carbon wheels have slightly more offset than the alloy ones. Look way better

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Highly unlikely, it must be an optical illusion. Engineering is engineering.

3. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    What will Ferrari reveal at the next Geneva Motor Show? Do you have news? In Italian newspapers there is talk of Purosangue FUV, of SF90 Spider. It also says that 3 new models are planned for 2020.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    My own intel says nothing new for Q1 and Q2...so Geneva is expected to be uninteresting...

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

isot likes this.
  5. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's a targa, so it comes standard as a coupe and a roadster when you want to top off. Best of both worlds and since it's a CF tub, no meaningful loss in rigidity.

I'm not sure it will perform better than a 918 either. Similar power, probably a decent amount of extra weight. With the same modern tires, I'd be surprised if the SF90 was in fact higher performance than the 918.

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There's probably an update in the huge new model thread in the general section

7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    There will be a loss or rigidity, albeit a small one, no matter what the construction material is. Also, there will be an addition of weight. Lastly, there are insulation and safety issues. Anyone who has rolled a car knows what I am talking about.

According to the claimed numbers it will be significantly quicker. Lest we forget it has some 113 more horses...

paulchua, 4_Eff_Sake and jpalmito like this.
  8. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Caeruleus11, of2worlds and stavura like this.
  9. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    In my opinion it is not yet a production car. If you look carefully you can see strange circular scratches both on the sides and on the rear bumper.
    Almost as if they had removed protective stickers. Maybe it was a masked SF90. Very beautiful, however

of2worlds and stavura like this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
  11. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
  12. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Our taxes on luxury cars here are ridiculous, to say the least.

We have a 33% Luxury Car Tax (LCT) on any vehicle over AUD$67,525 (or AUD$75,526 for a hybrid or EV). This was introduced years ago to “protect local car manufacturers” but every single car manufacturer has closed their Australian operations so the rationale for this tax no longer exists, which exposes the political rort our governments have subjected us to.

Then we have a 10% goods and sales tax (GST) applied to list + LCT. So we actually have a “tax on a tax” - more political extortion.

Then our state governments apply a stamp duty levy on registration of any vehicle, new or used. In Victoria where I live, this used to be 3.5%. However, our state Labor (left) government screwed our state economy through fiscal mismanagement and have last year jacked our stamp duty rate up to 9% for any vehicle over AUD$150k (which covers literally every single luxury brand new car here).

So we also have a “tax on a tax on a tax”

So a Pista would be about AUD$490k here, and a generous options package would take that up to about AUD$660k

We’d pay AUD$218k on top of that for LCT.
    Then we’d pay about AUD$88k for GST on the combined price

Then, if I register it here in Victoria, I’d pay about AUD$87k in registration fees and stamp duty.

So in total, AUD$393k on top of a AUD$660k car, so in effect the tax is 37.3% of total purchase price, or conversely, you could say it’s another 60% of the base price plus options.

F@#$ing highway robbery!

13. 4_Eff_Sake

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    EDIT: my calculation above was done in the wrong order, and LCT is applied on top of list plus GST, but the effect of tax-on-tax is the same - a total rip-off

of2worlds and Astrid.Didier like this.
  14. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Simple - buy your cars elsewhere :)

15. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Oh no! Probably that's why this Australian young lady (Alexandra) has moved to Dubai!! ONLY 5% VAT! And of course the cheapest gas prices in the world!

16. 4_Eff_Sake

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Haha - had lunch with Alex when she was back here in Melbourne last year. Delightful young lady

17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Mate just no. Buy them here (in oz). It's nice to duck in to take a peek at them every night when you take the garbage out. It's priceless knowing you can get in start that engine and take it out for a spin whenever you want!:)

of2worlds, F142George and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  18. 4_Eff_Sake

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Couldn’t agree more!

19. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    The question is how often do you do that and at the taxes you guys pay thats an expensive option especially if u are a serial buyer.

20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    jamesdouglas1436 and Shadowfax like this.
  21. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  22. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #3024 isot, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Ferrari uses temporary plates on test cars. L4 is a code corresponding to Emilia Romagna and precisely identifies the province of Modena. To be understood L5 is Parma, L6 is Piacenza, L7 corresponds to Ravenna and so on

I noticed that during some tests with journalists or during the Ferrari Cavalcade, Tribute to Mille Miglia, Ferrari always uses similar plates composed as follows: DPXXXTV http://img03.platesmania.com/171220/o/10786133.jpg
    from a short search I found this: use of third parties to be rented without driver > leasing

Garretto, kandi and of2worlds like this.
  23. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Some cars used in the modern Cavalcade (and also in the MM Tribute) are cars actually belonging to FFS and they are loaned to various clients.

Marcel Massini

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.