812 Spider | Page 68 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
  2. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    I like your car a lot actually, I wonder to see in realt this azzurro dino metallic how it looks like

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    We looked at body color and grey as you suggest. I think the issue with the photoshop is most of what they show as grey is actually black.
    We didn’t do the lines on the interior carbon, but did put yellow details around the tach area and inside the wheel.
    The newest option I actually liked the most was the shield in the headrest ca just the horse.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds and C50 like this.
  4. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    Here is the actual color. The photoshop couldn’t quite get here.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  5. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I get it. I have been fairly pedestrian in my previous cars and decided to be a little more bold on this one. It’s always interesting to see the actual car in person and that will tell the tale. I’ll keep this in S Florida so I can get away with a little more.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

That stripe is not suiting the beautiful blue. It needs to be rethought or removed. You have a such a unique stunning probably expensive Blue color. Why bother with a stripe at all.just get painted shields and you’re done. Everyone has stripes and you’re Tailor made so have your own signature.
    To each his own at the end of the day. congrats !

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    It’s certainly debatable. I have gone back and forth.
    When you see this car in person there is a lot of real estate back there given the rear windshield angle vs the 812. It just seems to be asking for something to break it up.

8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Have you asked them if they can carry the stripe on the painted area above the window frame? I think since its Tailor Made, they should be able to do it. It stands out as missing to my eyes as it is shown in the render. I think yes it could be considered a little busy, especially the interior, but I have found black interiors with a bright contrast color often look much harsher in pictures/ renders than in real life.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    Good catch. I will ask for sure.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I like the stitched Scuderia shield on the headrest. You don't see that everyday :D

of2worlds and tomc like this.
  11. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    First and foremost, I respect your willingness to go outside the “safe zone” in which so many of us play. I love your color choice and agree that the rear needs to be broken up, leading to the stripe. I also like the personal touches like the shields on the headrests.

Did they give you a lead time on the TM versus a non-TM order? Or any lead time at all?

Outside of Europe, I haven’t seen any allocations except for TM builds. Anyone in the US have a confirmed allocation at this point?

12. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Congrats on an epic spec! I am a sucker for this color. There’s a blue Mexico (Porsche color, similar to your spec) TDF that I’ve seen running around my area and I must say it is the most spectacular Ferrari I’ve ever seen on public roads.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    Glad to hear that! I saw the color on a TDF as well, maybe the same, and told myself that was my next Ferrari. I think it fits the GTS very well and can’t wait to get it.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    That’s a great question. They were obviously directed to simply not answer the question or avoid and refer me back to my dealer. I assume it will be 6-12 more than a ‘regular’ GTS,bit they wouldn’t answer what that lead time was running either. I am getting my 812SF in December so don’t mind a little delay as I will enjoy driving it until then.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Spider68

Spider68 Karting

Aug 21, 2010
    Switzerland
    Great car !!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

16. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I was at Atelier at the factory yesterday, was fun as ever but not essential if you have specified a coupe. There are few distinctive options and opportunities.

I am a golfer and the boot aperture is very small, though there is a recess in the left side once “in”. Has anybody tried to get a carry bag in ? I am sure that it won’t go in with a driver in the bag but it may do if one takes the woods out.

I think the car will lend itself to silvers and dark colours, next to the beautiful Roma (a very derivative design, much Aston, Jag and Merc GT but IMHO still lovely) the GTS looks very large, not cohesive and quite ungainly.

The rear bulkhead is also very high and buttresses large, it wont feel like a canvas roof convertible.

Shame one cant get heating in the race seats.

Anyway notwithstanding I firmed up on G Ferro, dark Tdf wheels, painted shields, Nero leather with mandarin (!!) highlights. Will post CGIs when arrive.

of2worlds, Bundy, omd78 and 3 others like this.
  17. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Behind the scenes of the 812 GTS promo video

18. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Have not got a clue what this guy is saying but some nice shots of the car in the open, Rosso seems to look better the open environment too....

stavura and isot like this.
  19. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    ^ Sits in the car and doesn't start her up? :confused:

20. mthompson2376

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    KenU likes this.
  21. mthompson2376

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson

These boys at least give the car a few blips, sounds like an 812 to me, but can’t tell exactly through video media

22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Hard to tell. The initial startup is very normal, but the revs might have a slight difference. But it might just be the recording.

Something else to keep in mind regarding the exhaust sound. Alongside the GPF, this car also adhere to stricter noise laws than the 812SF. I'm thinking if part of the change is also due to either a more restrictive back box or resonator. If that's the case, then there's also more to be gained from changing those compared to an SF. I talked to someone a while back who had seen the car on a lift, and seen the exhaust system. According to him, the GPF is upstream of the cats, which probably means you can also still decat it like you can a non-GPF car.

I'll stick with the glass half full approach so far and trust it will be fine.

mthompson2376 likes this.
  23. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Not the recording. The rev sound you hear is accurate...it is somewhat more subdued than an 812SF.

24. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    It does sound somewhat muted to me but can’t be sure.