Ferrari Mondial Blue | FerrariChat

Ferrari Mondial Blue

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Simon Pegg, Jan 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon Pegg

Simon Pegg Rookie

Jan 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Simon Pegg
    Happy new year guys!

I am new to the forum and excited to be a member. I am looking to buy a Ferrari Mondial. I have a few questions. The car's year doesn't really matter to me.

- Is it the cheapest Ferrari out there today?

-Repair/Spare parts are still avail. and at a reasonable price?

-Do you know if there has been any blue color models for sale in the US in the past years?

- How many Mondial came to the US between 1980 and 1993?

- Is it the only 4 seat Ferrari out there?

- Is it only the 1993 model came without a clutch?

- Is it a good idea to bring one from Europe, or import fees/taxes/registration are just headache and expensive?

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer. The blue color is the most important thing for me.

Have a great week!

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops

Welcome Simon!

- Is it the cheapest Ferrari out there today? Relative question. A deferred maintenance 8, QV, 3.2 or T will ALL eat your lunch if you aren't careful and methodical when purchasing. That said, some 400i, 456, 308's can be seen and bought in the same territory as some Mondials, as always, it depends on the car, the service, the needs, and the history trail. (the adage the most expensive Ferrari you can buy is the cheapest one applies to this :)

-Repair/Spare parts are still avail. and at a reasonable price? Reasonable, again, is a relative term to what it is held against. A Chevy 5.3 Vortec? No. A major service on a 400i? Yes. Lots of indy and bigger shops work on these cars, and parts are readily available for almost every need (I prefer AWItalian)

-Do you know if there has been any blue color models for sale in the US in the past years? Google search and search FChat.

- How many Mondial came to the US between 1980 and 1993? Lots of good info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_Mondial

- Is it the only 4 seat Ferrari out there? No.

- Is it only the 1993 model came without a clutch? The T Valeo? I believe you are correct.

- Is it a good idea to bring one from Europe, or import fees/taxes/registration are just headache and expensive? If you find the car you want, have a PPI, it checks the boxes and doesn't extend crazily beyond your budget, then sure, go for it!

paulchua likes this.
  3. Simon Pegg

Simon Pegg Rookie

Jan 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Simon Pegg
    wow, love your answers and valuable info, thank you for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it, Wade!

4. Simon Pegg

Simon Pegg Rookie

Jan 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Simon Pegg
    Did anyone here ever see a blue one for sale in the US ?

5. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL