Unable to remove key 458 2010 Italia | FerrariChat

Unable to remove key 458 2010 Italia

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Live2win, Jan 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Live2win

Live2win Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    Pasadena MD
    Full Name:
    David perkins
    I have read other threads but still confused.

car shows it is in park but I am unable to remove key.

have tried pushing car wash button, no luck.

turning off and on .

jiggling key

locking unlocking doors

if key is stuck in ignition how do you get it out??

I hook car to battery tender every night will key in ignition drain battery?

thanks much

2. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    There is a button of sorts located about 1.5 " behind the the key on the steering column for the purpose of removing a stuck key in the ignition. I've never had to use it. You will find reference to it in your owner's manual.

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    It may be similar to other Ferrari's, controlled by a solenoid in the lock assembly which is overriden by the button or knob as mentioned in the previous post. Hopefully it's just a loose connector, otherwise it could get expensive. There will probably be a module/computer controlling the solenoid. I doubt there is a dedicated fuse for this system.

4. Live2win

Live2win Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    Pasadena MD
    Full Name:
    David perkins
    I tried the button sadly no luck .

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Does the button feel like a mechanical type? I'm just wondering if the pusbutton still uses electrics, but bypasses the logic in the computers. You would think it would be purely mechanical, though, in case of a flat battery.

I see that the button has to be pushed if you wait longer than 20 seconds to remove the key after turning the ignition off. It must also be pushed at the same time as you are trying to remove the key.