2015 458 Spyder New Owner | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2015 458 Spyder New Owner

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dedazo, Nov 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dedazo

dedazo Rookie

Nov 11, 2019
    Texas
    Thank you!!! really enjoying it.

2. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Bought my 2013 Italia 6 months ago and purchased the 1 year Power Warranty for peace of mind. Car had 9200 miles. Now almost 12k miles and only replaced tires and battery (just due to being original). Dealer said they don’t see many issues with 458’s. Early California’s had DCT issues but seems to have been resolved for 458 (per dealer). Not sure if I’ll re-up the warranty next year.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

sampelligrino and dedazo like this.
  3. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    What was cost of the 1 year warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Just bought my '14 Speciale and same thing, I bought the 1yr power warranty for first year of ownership. Hopefully any pressing issues will surface now rather than later if at all. Fingers crossed if the year passes by uneventfully, I'll probably start self-insuring

I needed to do an inspection at my dealer ($0 charge for me) and my car passed/was eligible for the warranty, it was $4500

5. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Appreciate the info. Did you buy through the dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I don’t have the receipt handy but is was $4k-ish plus about $600 for inspection. Haven’t used it and have about six months left. Not sure if I’ll renew yet. Great for initial peace of mind, though!

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Congrats and enjoy your car. I bought a white (my first white Ferrari) 458 spider about 3 months ago (it is sitting in storage at Algar Ferrari), I tend to never buy warranties mostly because I like to take my cars apart, but if you are a first time nervous type owner it might be a good idea. If you find the stereo lacking, try one of mike's sub boxes, does wonders for the sound.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  8. derrick mitchell

Sep 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    derrick mitchell
    Hey Spider owners, I'm looking for a black 458 spider with low miles. Who's ready to part ways?